Big Data just keeps on getting bigger and bigger. It's almost like Moore's Law. And...it has a domino effect.
This holiday shopping season, many retailers have two goals in mind - make record-breaking sales and don't get breached.
Burden of proof should grow heavier as request for access grows more sensitive.
Part of my role requires me to ask questions that an auditor might. This is especially true when it comes to compliance, why it matters, and how it makes a difference.
Cooperation is required to advance the profession, says Towerwall's Candy Alexander.
The reality of ubiquitous reliance on ICT has given rise to the criticality of cyber security, says Cisco CSO Edna Conway.
Should we rush out signatures for this latest version of malware, or should we take a step back and figure out how to focus our technology and security operations around identifying attackers before they wreak such havoc?
Network security today has similar defensive problems to those posed to American Colonial population centers. Here's why...
As hackers become more advanced, our security methods also have to evolve and become more secure so that we aren't just giving our information away.
The primary challenge to secure payment card data is that too many involved see the PCI DSS as a panacea for every risk in the marketplace.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- Phishing email contains Word doc, enabling macros leads to malware infection
- Critical 'Misfortune Cookie' bug puts millions of internet-connected routers at risk
- White House calls Sony hack a "serious national security matter," gov't mulls proper response