The new federal CISO should be a champion for the role of information security not just in the public sector, but across all walks of American life, from business to school to home.
It's difficult to predict how the global and British economies will react to Brexit in the long run, however UK Cyber-security every chance of staying in very good shape says Ilia Kolochenko.
Chief Information Security Officers (CISO) today no longer sit in the IT and security corner doing "techie" things.
If your organization is connected to the Internet, you are very likely engaged in cyber warfare whether you like it or not.
Me and my job: Karthik Rangarajan security engineer, Addepar
If Apple complies, the FBI would have the ability to compromise personal security when it wishes, says Ryan O'Leary, VP of Threat Research Center, WhiteHat Security. .
In cases where terrorist attacks are carried out state-side, it is vital that intelligence be obtained, says J.J. Thompson, CEO, Rook Security.
Effective detection is comprised of several parts, says Cyphort's Nick Bilogorsiy.
Talk of attack prevention is antiquated, says Illena Armstrong, VP editorial, SC Magazine.
It's anyone's guess what the outcome of the upcoming Brexit vote will be, but it could create significant turmoil, says IBM's Jon Wilkinson.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Cisco shedding 7% of its workforce
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- The media becomes the story as hackers focus efforts on news organizations
- Researchers quell Wildfire ransomware with decryption key
- M&A deals bring added cybersecurity risks
- Twitoor first Android malware known to leverage Twitter for command and control
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet