The Internet of Things requires a new way of thinking and acting, one that will protect a business and help it grow.
It's easy to get hung up on discussions around chip-and-pin, malware and network segmentation, and in the process lose sight of the broader trends that underlie many breaches.
If organizations are looking to raise their security profile, they should certainly examine these commonly overlooked areas.
Everyone involved with vendor management should now develop a common, collaborative security strategy.
This incident gives the industry hope that proactive measures can stop an attacker before a breach drives catastrophic results.
This year has been so bad for merchant data breaches that the president felt the need to ensure that the government would offer itself as a more safe and secure place to do business with.
This month, we get to know Marisa Faga, Bugcrowd's director of crowd operations.
As mobile devices are further integrated into networks, organizations will have a critical need to implement end-to-end security solutions.
Edward Snowden has the same broad access and privileges that many employees in similar positions have at almost every business.
With parameters, new tech can help your business, says McAfee's Jonathan Fox and Tyson Macaulay.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- U.S. spy program targeting Americans' mobile phones, report says
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context