Debate: Congress should mandate that the payment card industry adopt safer technology.
Much needs to be done to convince boardrooms of the importance of information security.
It's time for a dramatic reimagining of how companies approach security.
A single solution won't stop data theft, says ADP's Roland Cloutier.
It is important for everybody to stay vigilant when online, says Lena Smart, CIO, New York Power Authority.
You likely have a list of criteria to check through during the hiring process of a vendor, but if you haven't added cybersecurity standards to that list, you should.
To extend the ERM approach to information and IP, companies need to create a comprehensive inventory of sensitive data and intellectual property that are key to their competitiveness.
Today's CISO must play a strategic and forceful role in mandating the transition to a more secure enterprise infrastructure.
Target. Home Depot. Morgan Stanley. Sony. Anthem. Jennifer Lawrence. You?
IT pros, beware: The phenomenon of "data breach fatigue" isn't just an issue of consumer complacency.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes