When guarding against data breaches, organizations must consider the security postures of their closest partners, such as law firms and cloud providers.
Organizations considering handing over their security to a managed provider must outsource the right processes while ensuring the third party instills proper controls.
A survey released Monday by the Ponemon Institute found that a majority of organizations do not evaluate the security posture of cloud computing vendors or train internal employees on cloud security.
Sixty-nine percent of respondents in a recent survey said they believe outsourcing negatively impacts network security.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- RSA: Cyber-security industry is "fundamentally broken", says Amit Yoran
- DOD contractors pay $13 million fine for hiring Russian programmers
- Top Priority: Federal Government must get cybersecurity right
- Cyber and real war come together in the Ukraine
- Version 4.0 of ransomware Cryptowall released, now encrypts file names