What customers want to hear is that they can solve any problem by simply writing out a purchase order. And we in the security industry are all too happy to accept the purchase order for our devices, software and services. But...
McAfee's website suffers from a number of vulnerabilities, which could allow cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks and information disclosure, researchers warned this week.
An Internet Explorer vulnerability revealed at this week's Black Hat conference in Washington, D.C. prompted Microsoft to issue an advisory on the issue.
The stigma attached to the term "hacker" needs to be dropped if computer security advancements are to be made.
A package sent to a credit union last week containing supposedly malicious CD-ROMs prompted a fraud alert from the National Credit Union Administration, but it was actually part of a penetration test.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Oracle PeopleSoft attack could enable big data breaches
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- Cyber attack on U.S. power grid could rack up $1 trillion in losses, study says
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- Report delves into RAT videos on YouTube
- Tor Project, Library Freedom Project to establish Tor exit nodes in libraries
- PagerDuty requires password change for all customers following breach
- Cisco: Attackers innovating, evading defenses in first half of 2015
- Does Windows 10 Wi-Fi Sense spell end of private wireless networks?