Penetration Test News, Articles and Updates
What customers want to hear is that they can solve any problem by simply writing out a purchase order. And we in the security industry are all too happy to accept the purchase order for our devices, software and services. But...
McAfee's website suffers from a number of vulnerabilities, which could allow cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks and information disclosure, researchers warned this week.
An Internet Explorer vulnerability revealed at this week's Black Hat conference in Washington, D.C. prompted Microsoft to issue an advisory on the issue.
The stigma attached to the term "hacker" needs to be dropped if computer security advancements are to be made.
A package sent to a credit union last week containing supposedly malicious CD-ROMs prompted a fraud alert from the National Credit Union Administration, but it was actually part of a penetration test.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!