Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessment, Risk Assessment
VENDOR: Tenable Network Security
WHAT: Combining the gold-standard Nessus vulnerability scanner with the powerful Passive Vulnerability Scanner and Log Correlation Engine, Tenable’s Security Center Continuous View brings some of the industry’s best vulnerability management tools under one roof.
PRICE: $20,625, plus $4,125 annual maintenance.
VENDOR: Strategic Cyber
WHAT: Strategic Cyber’s Cobalt Strike application is a serious penetration testing and educational tool.
PRICE: $2,500 per user per year.
VENDOR: Skybox Security
WHAT: This product analyzes networks in a holistic manner, enabling security teams to first remediate threats to hosts that could cause the most damage rather than relying solely on criticality ratings.
PRICE: $13,300 (appliance, updates, 100 one-year licenses).
WHAT: Secunia’s Corporate Software Inspector (CSI) enables users to leverage its signature-based vulnerability scanner via installable software agents and/or a simple-to-use web-based console.
PRICE: $3,375 (one year, one user, 100 hosts).
VENDOR: SecPoint ApS
WHAT: Virtual machine makes deployment easy, high-gain antenna for Wi-Fi cracking.
PRICE: Starting at $203 for a one-IP license.
WHAT: QualysGuard Express from Qualys uses the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model to provide vulnerability and compliance management services to customers.
PRICE: Starting $2,495 per year.
WHAT: Offers a full vulnerability testing suite that can scan pretty much anything with an IP address and report on any vulnerabilities.
PRICE: $11,995 for 1,024 IP addresses.
WHAT: GFI LanGuard offers a full suite of functionality – from vulnerability scanning and remediation and patch management through network and software auditing – all bundled into an easy-to-use software platform.
PRICE: $12 per seat for 100 to 249 seats (includes one year of support/maintenance).
VENDOR: Core Security Technologies
WHAT: Insight Enterprise offers a full vulnerability and risk management platform that can be used to analyze and prioritize vulnerabilities throughout the enterprise to ensure that risk from vulnerabilities is handled effectively.
WHAT: The UVM20 Security Management Appliance from BeyondTrust offers a full set of vulnerability scanning and compliance tools that are well integrated into a single easy-to-use appliance that features the Retina CS Threat Management Console as the center piece of the suite.
PRICE: Starting at $19,995 for software or $24,995 for an appliance.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- House, in rush vote, passes Intelligence Authorization Act
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- Phishing email contains Word doc, enabling macros leads to malware infection
- U.S. accounts for most Mac OS X attacks and websites seeded with malware
- Neverquest botnet furthers crimeware-as-a-service biz for fraudsters
- Solo attacker likely responsible for phishing campaign, delivering Zeus variant
- Telecommunications companies on the line with FTC, FCC for cramming schemes
- The 10 POS malware families this holiday season
- White House calls Sony hack a "serious national security matter," gov't mulls proper response