Phone Hacking News, Articles and Updates
International hackers search for phone lines with unsecured voicemail ports, and then harness those lines to handle their customers' calls.
Filipino authorities said they have arrested members of a terrorist-funded racket that was responsible for hacking telephone networks of telecommunications firms.
Attackers attempted to use automated technologies to link AT&T telephone numbers with online accounts.
U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer is urging telecommunications companies Sprint and T-Mobile to improve voicemail security in light of the ongoing U.K. scandal accusing Rupert Murdoch's media empire of phone hacking.
A security and privacy expert explains how cracking voicemails takes little skill.
SC Magazine Articles
- Cerber ransomware strain now targeting Office 365 users
- Critical infrastructure in Europe exposed to hackers
- Deal with the devil: Ransomware experiment proves you can negotiate price down
- WordPress Summer of Pwnage: 64 holes in 21 days
- Cerber ransomware C&C server shut down by research firm and CERT-Netherlands
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Brexit shakeup: How will the U.K.'s exit from the EU affect the technology sector?
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace