International hackers search for phone lines with unsecured voicemail ports, and then harness those lines to handle their customers' calls.
Filipino authorities said they have arrested members of a terrorist-funded racket that was responsible for hacking telephone networks of telecommunications firms.
Attackers attempted to use automated technologies to link AT&T telephone numbers with online accounts.
U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer is urging telecommunications companies Sprint and T-Mobile to improve voicemail security in light of the ongoing U.K. scandal accusing Rupert Murdoch's media empire of phone hacking.
A security and privacy expert explains how cracking voicemails takes little skill.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Popular adult website XTube compromised, delivers malware
- Orgs predict $53M risk, on average, from crypto key, digital cert attacks
- Hanjuan Exploit Kit leveraged in malvertising campaign
- Report: More than 15,000 vulnerabilities in nearly 4,000 applications reported in 2014
- Amedisys notifies nearly 7,000 individuals of potential breach