International hackers search for phone lines with unsecured voicemail ports, and then harness those lines to handle their customers' calls.
Filipino authorities said they have arrested members of a terrorist-funded racket that was responsible for hacking telephone networks of telecommunications firms.
Attackers attempted to use automated technologies to link AT&T telephone numbers with online accounts.
U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer is urging telecommunications companies Sprint and T-Mobile to improve voicemail security in light of the ongoing U.K. scandal accusing Rupert Murdoch's media empire of phone hacking.
A security and privacy expert explains how cracking voicemails takes little skill.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- Apple App Store and iTunes buyers hit by zero-day
- Hacking Team issues new statement while researcher clears up Android tool confusion
- United reportedly hacked by same group that breached Anthem, OPM
- HAMMERTOSS malware represents culmination of 'best practices' for cyber attackers
- Hundreds of Massachusetts General Hospital patients notified of data incident
- Majority of Android devices vulnerable to denial-of-service bug
- Security concerns raised at Windows 10 roll-out