International hackers search for phone lines with unsecured voicemail ports, and then harness those lines to handle their customers' calls.
Filipino authorities said they have arrested members of a terrorist-funded racket that was responsible for hacking telephone networks of telecommunications firms.
Attackers attempted to use automated technologies to link AT&T telephone numbers with online accounts.
U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer is urging telecommunications companies Sprint and T-Mobile to improve voicemail security in light of the ongoing U.K. scandal accusing Rupert Murdoch's media empire of phone hacking.
A security and privacy expert explains how cracking voicemails takes little skill.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Anonymous hacks, 'Rickrolls' ISIS
- IBM, Oracle, Cisco certification manager breached, info accessed
- Hilton Worldwide confirms malware on POS targeted payment card info
- Algebraic Eraser, the algorithm running the 'Internet of Things' is broken...again
- Sony hackers remained hidden for months due to a new toolset: Damballa