Attackers attempted to use automated technologies to link AT&T telephone numbers with online accounts.
Another excursion into scammer-baiting.
While phone conference lines vary, they don't provide for a lot of security.
U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer is urging telecommunications companies Sprint and T-Mobile to improve voicemail security in light of the ongoing U.K. scandal accusing Rupert Murdoch's media empire of phone hacking.
AT&T has accused two Utah men of carrying out a data mining scheme involving auto dialer software that cost the company more than $6.5 million.
It's a cold, cold-calling world: an old scam with some new wrinkles.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Women in IT Security: 10 Power Players
- Report: Phishing costs average organization $3.7 million per year
- Scanner identifies thousands of malicious Android apps on Google Play, other markets
- Women in IT Security: Women of influence
- DARPA seeks to develop program that drastically improves DDoS defense
- DOJ issues new 'stingray' policies and begins requiring a warrant
- Outdated websites deliver TeslaCrypt via Neutrino Exploit Kit: Heimdal
- Scammers and schemers look to cash in on Ashley Madison breach
- ACLU asks DOJ to withhold funds for LAPD body cams
- A question of balance between security solutions and the people who use it