Attackers attempted to use automated technologies to link AT&T telephone numbers with online accounts.
Another excursion into scammer-baiting.
While phone conference lines vary, they don't provide for a lot of security.
U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer is urging telecommunications companies Sprint and T-Mobile to improve voicemail security in light of the ongoing U.K. scandal accusing Rupert Murdoch's media empire of phone hacking.
AT&T has accused two Utah men of carrying out a data mining scheme involving auto dialer software that cost the company more than $6.5 million.
It's a cold, cold-calling world: an old scam with some new wrinkles.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Walmart partnered with Lockheed Martin, FBI for employee surveillance
- Tech support scams join forces with Nuclear EKs to distribute ransomware
- Aramada Collective demands ransom to stop DDoS attacks on Greek banks
- Google, tech groups oppose SEC's request for exemption from email privacy bill
- Contents of Calyx National Security Letter revealed