Phone Scams News, Articles and Updates
Attackers attempted to use automated technologies to link AT&T telephone numbers with online accounts.
Another excursion into scammer-baiting.
While phone conference lines vary, they don't provide for a lot of security.
U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer is urging telecommunications companies Sprint and T-Mobile to improve voicemail security in light of the ongoing U.K. scandal accusing Rupert Murdoch's media empire of phone hacking.
AT&T has accused two Utah men of carrying out a data mining scheme involving auto dialer software that cost the company more than $6.5 million.
It's a cold, cold-calling world: an old scam with some new wrinkles.
SC Magazine Articles
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- WikiLeaks postings of Turkish emails included active links to malware
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Cisco shedding 7% of its workforce
- DroidJack attacks delivered through Twilio SMS messages
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- After NSA leaks, a renewed interest in vulnerability disclosure
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Saving money on security software by improving cyber posture, report
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen