Policies News, Articles and Updates
A new study shows that SMBs believe they're capable of avoiding a cyber attack -- but this could all be a case of cognitive dissonance.
Before flocking to a mobile policy in which employees are permitted to connect their smartphones and tablets to the corporate network, consider that the return on investment may not be all it is cracked up to be -- security being a big reason why.
Give me liberty or give me.....?
The U.S. Department of Commerce has become the second federal agency in a month to announce plans around improving privacy on the web.
Some low level criminal networks have profiles in everyday social networks. Would researching these profiles during cyber intrusion research risk tipping off the bad guys?
Critics of the White House's proposed national internet identity authentication plan, intended to improve online privacy and security, say the strategy may do just the opposite. Proponents, meanwhile, believe it represents a major step toward establishing online trust.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) division tasked with coordinating the cyber defense of federal agencies is falling short in several areas, according to an inspector general report released Wednesday.
Organizations may want to second-guess a more restrictive strategy on website access and settle on a more pragmatic approach.
A number of major shake-ups to federal cybersecurity policy are closer to adoption after the House passed a defense bill last week.
By the end of the summer, the FTC hopes to release a set of "guiding principles" outlining how businesses should handle certain privacy issues.
IT departments are struggling to secure the influx of smartphones penetrating today's workplace and this problem won't likely go away soon.
A new report from Forrester Research's consulting arm reveals that organizations are focusing too much on compliance and not nearly enough on protecting valuable proprietary information.
SC Magazine Articles
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Voter databases in two states breached by foreign hackers, FBI
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet
- Ransomware: The evolution of cybercrime, a roundtable
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!
- China allows foreign tech firms to participate in creating cybersecurity standards
- Fantom and FairWare ransomware discovered
- Six senators urge Obama to prioritize cybercrime at G20 summit
- Creating a buzz: USBee software causes air-gapped computers to leak data via USB connections
- Privacy advocates upset over FAA drone regulations, citizen takes action