A new study shows that SMBs believe they're capable of avoiding a cyber attack -- but this could all be a case of cognitive dissonance.
Before flocking to a mobile policy in which employees are permitted to connect their smartphones and tablets to the corporate network, consider that the return on investment may not be all it is cracked up to be -- security being a big reason why.
Give me liberty or give me.....?
The U.S. Department of Commerce has become the second federal agency in a month to announce plans around improving privacy on the web.
Some low level criminal networks have profiles in everyday social networks. Would researching these profiles during cyber intrusion research risk tipping off the bad guys?
Critics of the White House's proposed national internet identity authentication plan, intended to improve online privacy and security, say the strategy may do just the opposite. Proponents, meanwhile, believe it represents a major step toward establishing online trust.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) division tasked with coordinating the cyber defense of federal agencies is falling short in several areas, according to an inspector general report released Wednesday.
Organizations may want to second-guess a more restrictive strategy on website access and settle on a more pragmatic approach.
A number of major shake-ups to federal cybersecurity policy are closer to adoption after the House passed a defense bill last week.
By the end of the summer, the FTC hopes to release a set of "guiding principles" outlining how businesses should handle certain privacy issues.
IT departments are struggling to secure the influx of smartphones penetrating today's workplace and this problem won't likely go away soon.
A new report from Forrester Research's consulting arm reveals that organizations are focusing too much on compliance and not nearly enough on protecting valuable proprietary information.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Women in IT Security: 10 Power Players
- Report: Phishing costs average organization $3.7 million per year
- Scanner identifies thousands of malicious Android apps on Google Play, other markets
- Women in IT Security: Women of influence
- DARPA seeks to develop program that drastically improves DDoS defense
- DOJ issues new 'stingray' policies and begins requiring a warrant
- Outdated websites deliver TeslaCrypt via Neutrino Exploit Kit: Heimdal
- Scammers and schemers look to cash in on Ashley Madison breach
- ACLU asks DOJ to withhold funds for LAPD body cams
- A question of balance between security solutions and the people who use it