Last month, President Obama signed the "secret" measure, called the "Presidential Policy Directive 20," which will allow the military to more aggressively fight cyber threats.
Most BYOD discussions focus on technical issues, such as how to identify offending devices, how to keep them off the network, or how to limit the types of devices. But nobody is talking about the human element.
You can protect your brand's online reputation, says ZeroSpam's David Poellhuber.
The increasing connectedness of infrastructure increases the cascading effect an attack can have on other infrastructure sectors and capabilities.
An international confederation of security groups is calling for more cooperation, openness and transparency in government implementations of cyber security.
Risk is a multilayered function derived from threat, vulnerability and impact.
Application control is now an absolute necessity in a comprehensive security policy because threats have evolved.
Internet security vaulted into the spotlight as an early focal point for Prime Minister Stephen Harper's new government, on both the domestic and international fronts
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Cybersecurity bills move forward on Capitol Hill
- Study: Average organization has 4,000 instances of exposed credentials stored in the cloud
- HSBC mortgage customer info was publicly accessible on the internet
- Study: Open Source Software use increasing in enterprises but without vulnerability monitoring
- RSA 2015: Tension continues to grow between govt, cryptographers
- Study: Conficker declared top threat of 2014, but N. America targeted mainly by AnglerEK
- RSA 2015: Straight talk about encryption, bulk surveillance and IoT
- RSA 2015: In the healthcare industry, security must innovate with business
- RSA 2015: Unintended use of aircraft systems next challenge for counterterrorism community
- RSA 2015: Bug hunting and responsible vulnerability disclosure