Last month, President Obama signed the "secret" measure, called the "Presidential Policy Directive 20," which will allow the military to more aggressively fight cyber threats.
Most BYOD discussions focus on technical issues, such as how to identify offending devices, how to keep them off the network, or how to limit the types of devices. But nobody is talking about the human element.
You can protect your brand's online reputation, says ZeroSpam's David Poellhuber.
The increasing connectedness of infrastructure increases the cascading effect an attack can have on other infrastructure sectors and capabilities.
An international confederation of security groups is calling for more cooperation, openness and transparency in government implementations of cyber security.
Risk is a multilayered function derived from threat, vulnerability and impact.
Application control is now an absolute necessity in a comprehensive security policy because threats have evolved.
Internet security vaulted into the spotlight as an early focal point for Prime Minister Stephen Harper's new government, on both the domestic and international fronts
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes