Last month, President Obama signed the "secret" measure, called the "Presidential Policy Directive 20," which will allow the military to more aggressively fight cyber threats.
Most BYOD discussions focus on technical issues, such as how to identify offending devices, how to keep them off the network, or how to limit the types of devices. But nobody is talking about the human element.
You can protect your brand's online reputation, says ZeroSpam's David Poellhuber.
The increasing connectedness of infrastructure increases the cascading effect an attack can have on other infrastructure sectors and capabilities.
An international confederation of security groups is calling for more cooperation, openness and transparency in government implementations of cyber security.
Risk is a multilayered function derived from threat, vulnerability and impact.
Application control is now an absolute necessity in a comprehensive security policy because threats have evolved.
Internet security vaulted into the spotlight as an early focal point for Prime Minister Stephen Harper's new government, on both the domestic and international fronts
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Popular adult website XTube compromised, delivers malware
- Android vulnerability leaves apps open to malicious overwriting
- One in three of the top million websites are 'risky,' researchers find
- Orgs predict $53M risk, on average, from crypto key, digital cert attacks
- Hanjuan Exploit Kit leveraged in malvertising campaign
- Report: 71 percent of orgs were successfully attacked in 2014
- Self-deleting malware targets home routers to gather information
- 'PoSeidon' point-of-sale malware targets payment card information
- Amedisys notifies nearly 7,000 individuals of potential breach
- Report: More than 15,000 vulnerabilities in nearly 4,000 applications reported in 2014
- The best defense is a good offense: The importance of securing your endpoints
- British Airways says rewards accounts hacked, locked down
- Documents on NSA's zero-day policy provide little insight, EFF says
- GitHub on DDoS alert, efforts to curb its largest attack continue
- Shadow data: The monster that isn't just under your bed