Adherence to HIPAA, the national law that aims to protect patient information, is about to get trickier, reports Alan Earls.
With the Super Bowl less than two weeks away, Symantec researchers said Tuesday that have spotted a malicious application in unofficial Android markets claiming to offer a version of the popular video game Madden NFL 12.
Rogue developers uploaded malicious versions of at least a dozen popular games to the Android Market.
Android phones from leading manufacturers -- including HTC, Motorola and Samsung -- contain pre-loaded applications that do not properly enforce the platform's permission-based security model.
Mobile malware authors have skipped the rudimentary phase and are immediately creating threats that mimic complex malicious code common in the traditional PC environment. But defense technologies are countering with sophistication of their own.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Report delves into RAT videos on YouTube
- Tor Project, Library Freedom Project to establish Tor exit nodes in libraries
- PagerDuty requires password change for all customers following breach
- Cisco: Attackers innovating, evading defenses in first half of 2015
- Does Windows 10 Wi-Fi Sense spell end of private wireless networks?