Privacy Commissioner News, Articles and Updates
Records containing the personal health information of thousands of Ontario citizens who participated in the province's colon cancer screening program may have gone missing.
By embedding privacy controls into legacy systems, organizations can minimize the risk of data loss and achieve greater levels of protection, Ann Cavoukian, information and privacy commissioner of Ontario, said Tuesday at SC Congress Canada in Toronto.
An error in Service Canada's new Access Key site, which was launched on September 26, inadvertently exposed the social insurance numbers and banking information of about 75 people.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Cisco shedding 7% of its workforce
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought