Although the IBM z Systems platform is known for scalability and security, you still have to monitor who did what, when, why, where and how to ensure that information stays protected.
President Obama told Reuters that cybersecurity requirements proposed by China need to change if the country wants to do business with the U.S.
Although Google said its Android Lollipop devices would have encryption enabled by default, some devices have shown up on the market without encryption.
Experts consider the lasting impact of data brokers, and potential breaches, on genetic information.
Financial sources told Brian Krebs that fraudulent activity had been detected that indicated the grocer's POS systems had been accessed.
The White House released a draft of its Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights Act on Friday to wide criticism from the greater privacy and technology communities.
On the heels of naming a new president and CEO, Silent Circle now assumes 100 percent ownership of Blackphone.
After analyzing 80,000 health-related websites, a University of Pennsylvania doctoral researcher found that 90 percent shared user data with third-party advertisers and data brokers.
EPIC filed a complaint with the FTC this week after media outlets pointed out Samsung's vague policy regarding their Smart TV voice recognition feature.
The retailer's Q4 and whole year earnings reports show that insurance picked up the tab for $46 million of the $191 million in expenditures.
Intrusions detected in 2010 and 2011 may be related to surveillance efforts revealed in Snowden leaks, the company said.
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has released documents obtained from Florida police and sheriff's departments that reveal Stingray use and raise privacy concerns.
A backdoor has allowed the public to access information on parking tickets, penalties and driver information.
Two legislators reintroduce bill aimed at protecting consumers from data breaches.
A study by Lacoon and Check Point found 18 different variants of mRATs with Androids more likely to be infected.
Chesapeake Energy has filed suit against former CEO Aubrey McClendon's new venture, claiming the executive stole data, including trade secrets, to lure investors.
A set of suits filed in a Denver court accuse the insurance giant of inadequate security and false promises.
Twitter sued the government last year for violating its First Amendment rights concerning NSL disclosures.
Nearly a million RBS and NatWest customers who use the banks' mobile apps will now be able to log in using their fingerprints, a first for British banks.
A cybercrime collected distributed the Carbanak malware via email to banking employees to infiltrate systems and snare over $1 billion, according to Kaspersky Lab.
One of Canada's intelligence agencies has been secretly monitoring file downloads across the world for years.
Speaking at the Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection Summit the president hopes to encourage industry and government to share threat information more freely.
A techie in India discovered a vulnerability that allowed him to delete victims' Facebook photos and albums.
The Canadian government has introduced Bill C-51, an 'anti-terror' bill that will broaden the surveillance powers of government agencies.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation has come out in support of an email privacy act that would overhaul California law.
New Mexico is one of three states without a data breach notification law but that might change if a bill from state Rep. Bill Rehm passes.
Of the 671 journalist respondents, a majority believe that data was collected on them, but only 14 percent indicated that it had an impact on their work.
Twitter's new transparency report indicates that requests for user information have increased, both in the U.S. and abroad.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- State breakdowns: Anthem breach by the numbers
- Malware on Lime Crime website, payment cards compromised
- Botnet of Joomla servers furthers DDoS-for-hire scheme
- Bug in popular WordPress plugin opens up websites to SQL injection attacks
- Report: Majority of health-related websites leak data to third parties
- State breakdowns: Anthem breach by the numbers
- Carbanak APT campaign made off with $1B from banks globally
- NIST requests final comments on ICS security guide
- Disconnect yawns between CISOs, exec leadership, study says
- Microsoft phishing emails target corporate users, deliver malware that evades sandboxes
- Infections caused by prevalent financial trojans dropped 53 percent last year
- Spammers leverage DMARC to more successfully distribute ransomware
- Laptop stolen from employee contained data on Pioneer Bank customers
- In growing market for genetic data, privacy implications prove lasting
- Natural Grocers investigating unauthorized access to POS systems