IT security professionals must learn to identify trustworthy and reliable products and vendors. But keep in mind, no matter how objectively certified a product may be, if the vendor has a poor reputation, the product will lose credibility.
How unified is "unified"? Judging by this year's crop of unified threat managers under review, pretty doggone unified, says Peter Stephenson.
The UTM started out as an evolution from multipurpose devices some years back, but has now morphed into a well-defined product that has morphed again into a catch-all for security functionality.
DesktopDirect is a simple - though not at all simplistic - RDP gateway.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Oracle PeopleSoft attack could enable big data breaches
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- Cyber attack on U.S. power grid could rack up $1 trillion in losses, study says
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- Government 'Cybersecurity Sprint' spurs agency authentication measures
- Report: News, entertainment websites serve majority of malvertisements
- UConn School of Engineering cyberintrusion originated in China
- Report delves into RAT videos on YouTube
- Tor Project, Library Freedom Project to establish Tor exit nodes in libraries