IT security professionals must learn to identify trustworthy and reliable products and vendors. But keep in mind, no matter how objectively certified a product may be, if the vendor has a poor reputation, the product will lose credibility.
How unified is "unified"? Judging by this year's crop of unified threat managers under review, pretty doggone unified, says Peter Stephenson.
The UTM started out as an evolution from multipurpose devices some years back, but has now morphed into a well-defined product that has morphed again into a catch-all for security functionality.
DesktopDirect is a simple - though not at all simplistic - RDP gateway.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- Obama goes hard on cybersecurity, new CNAP commits funds, resources
- NSA reorg could strengthen defense ops
- Pro-Palestine hacktivist makes good on threat, posts data on FBI and DHS personnel
- Microsoft's February Patch Tuesday: 13 bulletins addressing 36 vulnerabilities
- Draft Investigatory Powers Bill draws fire from Parliamentary committee