IT security professionals must learn to identify trustworthy and reliable products and vendors. But keep in mind, no matter how objectively certified a product may be, if the vendor has a poor reputation, the product will lose credibility.
How unified is "unified"? Judging by this year's crop of unified threat managers under review, pretty doggone unified, says Peter Stephenson.
The UTM started out as an evolution from multipurpose devices some years back, but has now morphed into a well-defined product that has morphed again into a catch-all for security functionality.
DesktopDirect is a simple - though not at all simplistic - RDP gateway.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'MEDJACK' tactic allows cyber criminals to enter healthcare networks undetected
- Samsung devices, including Galaxy S6, vulnerable to remote code execution
- Dridex banking malware spreading through new spam campaign
- U.S., China agree to cybersecurity code of conduct
- Suspicious activity on LastPass network, data compromised
- Former Georgia-Pacific sysadmin charged with damaging protected computers
- Harvard University announces network intrusion, possible data exposure
- Saboteurs leverage RIPv1 for DDoS reflection attacks
- More than 440K new Android malware strains found in Q1, study finds
- Apple releases OS X 10.10.4 and iOS 8.4, numerous bugs addressed