RedSeal Systems Network Advisor v4.1 & Vulnerability Advisor v4.1
May 18, 2010
Red Seal Systems Inc.Product:
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Rapid implementation; integration to most industry security and network equipment.
- Weaknesses: No alerting or notification tools for a near real-time tool.
- Verdict: A very nice operational risk solution that has everything needed to take control of security posture management.
RedSeal Systems Network Advisor v4.1 and Vulnerability Advisor v4.1 are near real-time risk management solutions that use network and vulnerability data to determine risk and provide prioritized remediation recommendations. RedSeal Systems security posture management software enables organizations to assess and strengthen their cyberdefenses. Unlike systems that detect attacks once they occur, RedSeal identifies holes in the security infrastructure that create risk - before they are discovered by hackers.
RedSeal software analyzes and simplifies the complex interaction of firewalls, routers, load balancers and hosts, delivering an in-depth understanding of the enterprises' overall security posture, with continuous compliance with regulations, such as PCI, FISMA and SOX, and prescriptions for actionable steps to remediate risk.
Using its understanding of network controls, RedSeal transforms the output of vulnerability scanners into risk-prioritized action plans. RedSeal automatically prioritizes vulnerabilities based on their exposure to untrusted networks, as well as their ability to enable "pivot" attacks deeper into the network. The RedSeal tools also automatically identify potential mitigating network controls. The offerings can be integrated with GRC frameworks to feed IT risk into enterprise risk management systems.
We loved the reporting capabilities, especially the "what if" analysis capabilities. The product allows you to make a change in the management console and model that change using your network map and configuration data to graphically see how it change may or may not enhance your overall security posture. This product gives admins a great top-down view of the network and security posture at a true enterprise level and, more importantly, the dependencies and interdependencies of each control on others. Users will quickly be able to see graphically how risks may be able to move across assets or systems using the risk and threat vector overlays on the network topology maps.
The product is available as client-side software or as an integrated appliance. The software installs easily and runs on a Windows server and contains everything you need to run it. The ability to learn and map out your enterprise makes deploying this product very easy and gets you running very quickly. Eight-hours-a-day/five-days-a-week phone and email support is available for a fee.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- New SSL/TLS vulnerability, FREAK, puts secure communications at risk
- Report: Majority of health-related websites leak data to third parties
- Researchers investigate link between Axiom spy group, Anthem breach
- Natural Grocers investigating unauthorized access to POS systems
- Spammers leverage DMARC to more successfully distribute ransomware
- Clinton's use of private email spawns security, transparency debate
- Android 'Gazon' worm proliferates through texts, infects more than 4k phones
- Ramirez: FTC focus on data security, fraud, cross device tracking
- Greenwald says Snowden invoked changes toward privacy
- Playing defense in ranks: Cybersecurity reimagined