Regulatory Compliance Mandates News, Articles and Updates
Check Point Software Technologies bolstered its portfolio Monday with the acquisition of privately held Dynasec, a 7-year-old, Israel-based provider of governance, risk management and compliance solutions.
Another IT security company was gobbled up by an IT bellwether when HP on Monday announced plans to acquire Cupertino, Calif.-based SIEM provider ArcSight for $1.5 billion.
The effects of last year's regulatory changes have already begun to surface, reports Angela Moscaritolo.
SC Magazine Deputy Editor Dan Kaplan sits down with Tripwire's Michael Thelander to learn whether compliance remains a driver for organizations, especially as new regulations pop up and existing mandates become more stringent. Thelander also touches on compliance in the cloud, and whether it can be achieved.
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Brexit shakeup: How will the U.K.'s exit from the EU affect the technology sector?
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- WhatsApp in the spotlight after Turkey publishes messages of coup officers
- For the incoming federal CISO: Focus on the human side of cybersecurity
- Audit: FBI's threat prioritization process too subjective and sluggish
- 2.3 million 'Warframe,' 'Clash of Kings' accounts compromised
- MS-ISAC official: Ransomware top priority