Regulatory Compliance Mandates News, Articles and Updates
Check Point Software Technologies bolstered its portfolio Monday with the acquisition of privately held Dynasec, a 7-year-old, Israel-based provider of governance, risk management and compliance solutions.
Another IT security company was gobbled up by an IT bellwether when HP on Monday announced plans to acquire Cupertino, Calif.-based SIEM provider ArcSight for $1.5 billion.
The effects of last year's regulatory changes have already begun to surface, reports Angela Moscaritolo.
SC Magazine Deputy Editor Dan Kaplan sits down with Tripwire's Michael Thelander to learn whether compliance remains a driver for organizations, especially as new regulations pop up and existing mandates become more stringent. Thelander also touches on compliance in the cloud, and whether it can be achieved.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought