Regulatory Compliance Mandates
Check Point Software Technologies bolstered its portfolio Monday with the acquisition of privately held Dynasec, a 7-year-old, Israel-based provider of governance, risk management and compliance solutions.
Another IT security company was gobbled up by an IT bellwether when HP on Monday announced plans to acquire Cupertino, Calif.-based SIEM provider ArcSight for $1.5 billion.
The effects of last year's regulatory changes have already begun to surface, reports Angela Moscaritolo.
SC Magazine Deputy Editor Dan Kaplan sits down with Tripwire's Michael Thelander to learn whether compliance remains a driver for organizations, especially as new regulations pop up and existing mandates become more stringent. Thelander also touches on compliance in the cloud, and whether it can be achieved.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- Security issues plague web dating software
- Obama goes hard on cybersecurity, new CNAP commits funds, resources
- NSA reorg could strengthen defense ops
- Pro-Palestine hacktivist makes good on threat, posts data on FBI and DHS personnel
- Microsoft's February Patch Tuesday: 13 bulletins addressing 36 vulnerabilities