Regulatory Compliance Mandates
Check Point Software Technologies bolstered its portfolio Monday with the acquisition of privately held Dynasec, a 7-year-old, Israel-based provider of governance, risk management and compliance solutions.
Another IT security company was gobbled up by an IT bellwether when HP on Monday announced plans to acquire Cupertino, Calif.-based SIEM provider ArcSight for $1.5 billion.
The effects of last year's regulatory changes have already begun to surface, reports Angela Moscaritolo.
SC Magazine Deputy Editor Dan Kaplan sits down with Tripwire's Michael Thelander to learn whether compliance remains a driver for organizations, especially as new regulations pop up and existing mandates become more stringent. Thelander also touches on compliance in the cloud, and whether it can be achieved.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- RSA: Cyber-security industry is "fundamentally broken", says Amit Yoran
- DOD contractors pay $13 million fine for hiring Russian programmers
- Top Priority: Federal Government must get cybersecurity right
- Cyber and real war come together in the Ukraine
- Version 4.0 of ransomware Cryptowall released, now encrypts file names