Regulatory Compliance Mandates
Check Point Software Technologies bolstered its portfolio Monday with the acquisition of privately held Dynasec, a 7-year-old, Israel-based provider of governance, risk management and compliance solutions.
Another IT security company was gobbled up by an IT bellwether when HP on Monday announced plans to acquire Cupertino, Calif.-based SIEM provider ArcSight for $1.5 billion.
The effects of last year's regulatory changes have already begun to surface, reports Angela Moscaritolo.
SC Magazine Deputy Editor Dan Kaplan sits down with Tripwire's Michael Thelander to learn whether compliance remains a driver for organizations, especially as new regulations pop up and existing mandates become more stringent. Thelander also touches on compliance in the cloud, and whether it can be achieved.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CTB-Locker ransomware variant being distributed in spam campaign
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Proposed CFAA revisions agitate IT security community
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- Winnti trojan may help set stage for Skeleton Key attacks, analysts say
- FTC settles with revenge porn site operator
- Upatre, Dyre used in Univ. of Florida attack
- Wisconsin chiropractic clinic notifies 3,000 patients of insider breach