Current assumptions are that today's adversaries move through the kill-chain step-by-step, using the most advanced tools, techniques, and tactics to carry out their objective.
Google has advised that Chrome will gradually sunset SHA-1 cryptography, which is used in the signing process of SSL certificates.
We're in the age of the customer. Empowered buyers are demanding a new level of customer obsession, and bring-your-own-everything is accelerating.
Moving enterprise apps to the cloud is becoming a very attractive option for organizations striving to cut IT costs while improving agility and scalability.
Researchers with Proofpoint have analyzed a version of the Dyre banking trojan that has been updated with new features.
It's more than a trend. Mobile devices are becoming the new enterprise desktop. But mobile devices require the same security considerations to access corporate intranets or securely sending and receiving email.
Security and privacy professionals employ enumerable solutions and techniques for information security. Yet, the target of the protection, sensitive and private data, is not clearly understood.
F-Secure noted in its mid-year report that the Conficker worm continues to impact users and that Gameover Zeus still poses a threat.
On Monday, the University of New Haven revealed its first video in a series of security findings.
The backdoor, called "XSLCmd," was detected in earlier attacks on Windows systems, FireEye found.
Trend Micro found that compromised hosts, DDoS attack services and remote access trojans were the most coveted offerings in the marketplace last year.
Android devices in Korea have primarily been impacted by the malware.
Trend Micro first alerted the public to the backdoor affecting Netis and Netcore brand routers.
FireEye analyzed the hacking group's use of the malware, dubbed the "Dark Edition" of BlackWorm.
The group's Center for Secure Design released a report detailing how to avoid common design flaws.
The study by KPMG and FireEye also found that 49 percent of detected malware was unknown.
On Wednesday, HP TippingPoint released its State of Network Security survey which polled hundreds of professionals.
The number of disclosed vulnerabilities is on track to fall below 8,000 this year, a first since 2011.
The routers are sold in China under the Netcore brand name, and elsewhere as Netis products.
The Secret Service said that over 1,000 U.S. businesses have been infected with the malware.
The firm analyzed 1,000 free apps in Google Play which were most downloaded by users.
Although the number of rogue anti-virus malware campaigns have decreased overall, the threat isn't totally gone, according to researchers at Microsoft.
A recent study found that the number of attacks during the two conferences increased to about 130 times the usual amount.
In the second quarter of 2014, Verisign researchers noted a spike in volumetric DDoS activity when compared to previous quarters.
SynoLocker attackers said the database of keys was available for $100,000.
Malware has become a threat to virtual machines and, nowadays, should be incorporated into security strategy, according to a Symantec report.
About two months after botnet takedown efforts, new versions of the malware have surfaced in the U.S. and abroad.
Two hackers demonstrated how device vulnerabilities could allow attackers to access sensitive card data using multiple attack vectors.
An insecure home automation protocol allowed the hacker to control room amenities, like lights, TVs and temperature settings.
Hold Security identified a Russian hacker group, dubbed "CyberVor," that is in possession of more than a billion unique credentials.
SC Magazine Articles
- Was Spotify breached? Account info shows up on Pastebin
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Researcher finds backdoor that accessed Facebook employee passwords
- Over 7M Minecraft mobile credentials exposed after Lifeboat data breach
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- The anatomy of a spearphishing scam, or how to steal $100M with a fake email
- FBI investigating attack against computer networks at U.S. law firms
- Pros examine Mossack Fonseca breach: WordPress plugin, Drupal likely suspects
- First Choice Credit Union files class-action suit against Wendy's over breach
- Top NFL prospect Tunsil free falls in draft after apparent hacker posts damaging video, texts
- Researchers spot Android Infostealer disguised as Chrome update
- Researchers spot mobile malware competition on the black market
- Judge ruled go ahead for claims of phone hacking against UK tabloid