IT Security Ebooks
While threat intelligence didn't stop attackers of the health care giant Anthem, the breach is likely to add to the pressure to improve efforts to make threat data intelligible and useful to frontline IT security specialists.
They are brutal, in-your-face power invasions designed to overwhelm servers and bring networked systems down without any nuance or surreptitiousness. This latest ebook explores the newest iterations of this scourge and how best to defend against them.
Road Warrior Spotlight
What can road warriors do to better protect their employer's data (as well as their own personal information)? For this latest Spotlight we spoke with a number of industry experts to gain their first-hand knowledge of best practices, tools and strategies that, if implemented, could greatly improve the security of digital transmissions - be it via email, dropping files onto a shared cloud server, mobile phone call or videoconference.
Anthem clarified the exact number of people affected by the company's data breach in each state, and a vulnerable Google ...
The U.S. accounted for more than 70 percent of attack volume in November 2014. Also this month, U.S. hackers most ...
Kaspersky Lab had plenty to share this week regarding espionage campaigns, the co-creator of the infamous BlackShades RAT plead guilty, ...
This past month, Anonymous took credit for attacks on Mexican government and academic websites, and an Iranian group is suspected ...
A Chicago-area high school found a solution to broaden its internet pipeline and maintain compliance, reports Greg Masters.
To avoid damage from staff using social media, a radio network made certain its cloud was defended. Greg Masters reports.
When a care provider supplied laptops to its roving employees, it added a security solution to enable efficient collaboration. Greg Masters reports.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- New SSL/TLS vulnerability, FREAK, puts secure communications at risk
- Report: Majority of health-related websites leak data to third parties
- Researchers investigate link between Axiom spy group, Anthem breach
- Natural Grocers investigating unauthorized access to POS systems
- Spammers leverage DMARC to more successfully distribute ransomware
- Clinton's use of private email spawns security, transparency debate
- Android 'Gazon' worm proliferates through texts, infects more than 4k phones
- Ramirez: FTC focus on data security, fraud, cross device tracking
- Greenwald says Snowden invoked changes toward privacy
- Playing defense in ranks: Cybersecurity reimagined