IT Security Ebooks
In many companies, information security in general and segregation of duties in particular, are lower security priority because the process tends to be costly and time-consuming. The key is to give users just the access they need when they need it and no more.
Individuals and huge global organizations have become equally dependent on the scalable, on-demand, IT resources the cloud provides.
Road Warrior Spotlight
What can road warriors do to better protect their employer's data (as well as their own personal information)? For this latest Spotlight we spoke with a number of industry experts to gain their first-hand knowledge of best practices, tools and strategies that, if implemented, could greatly improve the security of digital transmissions - be it via email, dropping files onto a shared cloud server, mobile phone call or videoconference.
This week, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) expounded on previous comments surrounding the inherent risk in the Internet of Things ...
President Obama gave his State of the Union speech this week and allotted some time to cyber security endeavors. In ...
In a Dallas courtroom on Thursday, writer and activist Barrett Brown was sentenced to 63 months in prison – minus ...
This week pro-ISIS hackers compromised the U.S.Central Command's Twitter and YouTube accounts, and President Obama gave a speech on the ...
When a care provider supplied laptops to its roving employees, it added a security solution to enable efficient collaboration. Greg Masters reports.
Needing more than signature-based remedies, First Financial Bank found a way to close the gap between what exists and what's possible. Greg Masters reports.
Off the field, demand for bandwidth and protection from network threats set the ball in motion for the Denver Broncos. Greg Masters reports.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- 'GHOST' bug in Linux library enables remote takeover of victim's system
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Report: From Q3 to Q4, 90 percent increase in global DDoS attacks observed
- Researchers observe databases being encrypted, websites held for ransom
- ZeroAccess botnet reactivates, click fraud activity resumes
- BCBS of Tennessee shares personal data on 80K in marketing campaign
- Tips for organizations in the wake of the biggest corporate hack in history