RSA 2013 NEWS
The battle between the iOS and Android platforms continues, but with Apple having the edge on security, and Google with innovation, both are at the top of the mobile totem pole.
A session on spear phishing dissected a slew of attacks used against organizations.
CISOs shared ways IT security professionals can attain the corporate support they need to implement evolving technologies into their security programs.
Researchers at AlienVault are tracking the moves of a highly skilled espionage group, likely nation-state backed and operating out of China, that has hit two U.S. manufacturers of solar panels.
From a jammed-pack vendor floor to insightful sessions with some of the leading minds in information security, there wasn't a dull moment at this year's big event in San Francisco.
2013 SC AWARDS FINALIST BLOG
It's critical that organizations looking to protect themselves from threats introduced via mobile devices look for a solution that identifies devices and applies access policies BEFORE allowing devices on the network.
IT departments with a block BYOD policy should be wary of these common workaround attempts or hacks.
Today's businesses are subject to more rigorous IT compliance and security requirements than ever before.
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- Is Microsoft exposing the supply chain by hardening the enterprise Edge?
- Linux.Mirai Trojan causing mayhem with DDoS attacks
- Vendetta Brothers scalable POS campaign revealed
- Yahoo! data breach likely exceeds 500 million records
- Boards taking more cyber seriously, driven by regulatory requirements, report finds