RSA 2013 NEWS
The battle between the iOS and Android platforms continues, but with Apple having the edge on security, and Google with innovation, both are at the top of the mobile totem pole.
A session on spear phishing dissected a slew of attacks used against organizations.
CISOs shared ways IT security professionals can attain the corporate support they need to implement evolving technologies into their security programs.
Researchers at AlienVault are tracking the moves of a highly skilled espionage group, likely nation-state backed and operating out of China, that has hit two U.S. manufacturers of solar panels.
From a jammed-pack vendor floor to insightful sessions with some of the leading minds in information security, there wasn't a dull moment at this year's big event in San Francisco.
2013 SC AWARDS FINALIST BLOG
It's critical that organizations looking to protect themselves from threats introduced via mobile devices look for a solution that identifies devices and applies access policies BEFORE allowing devices on the network.
IT departments with a block BYOD policy should be wary of these common workaround attempts or hacks.
Today's businesses are subject to more rigorous IT compliance and security requirements than ever before.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought