RSA Archer eGRC Suite, RSA Archer eGRC Platform v5.1.4
June 01, 2012
RSA, the security division of EMCProduct:
A mid-range configuration starts at approximately $55,000 and can vary depending on what is being managed and the scope of the deployment.
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Robust gap/risk reporting and impact analysis; maturity shows in the user interface.
- Weaknesses: Not really a weakness, but a note: To do risk well, one will need a few of the modules out of the gate, driving up the cost a bit.
- Verdict: This is an enterprise business and IT risk solution that is very well put together. Users will like a lot of the “little things” that have gone into the product.
Risk Manager is part of an Enterprise GRC product portfolio sold and licensed as modules. The modules include: audit, policy, risk, compliance, enterprise, incident, vendor, threat and business continuity management.
This product is offered as either on-premise software or as a hosted, rapid-deployment model. The platform is composed of three logical tiers including interface, application and database tiers. The platform itself is deployed on two physical tiers that can be hosted on one physical or deployed across multiple servers. The platform uses a common data model across all of its solutions and applications. The user interface is common for all modules and tabs are simply activated via licensing.
The risk module can be used standalone, but, in reality, users will want to employ it in conjunction with the enterprise (asset tool), incident and threat management modules for a complete view of risk. RSA Archer Platform can integrate with hundreds of different solutions, as long as the offering can send information to an SQL server for integration into the RSA Archer eGRC Platform. The content library offers more than 10,000 questions grouped into prebuilt assessments for evaluating risks in one's environment and measuring compliance with authoritative sources, control standards and procedures. The delivery and management process for assessments is fully automated.
The model is built on the ISO 31000 standard. The outputs are delivered in a series of dashboard reports with drill-down capabilities to granular data. Risk is categorized as inherent, residual and operational. When bundled with the Enterprise Management module, assets are easily imported, categorized and managed. One has the ability to classify physical assets or groups of assets into "business assets" for looking at risk at the business level. Coupled with the Incident Management module, the report findings give a clean graphical view of risk and gaps and users could easily develop workflows for assigning tasks, tracking mitigation and logging responses.
All the modules for this offering roll up to a single, web-based user interface with tabs for the various licensed products. The reporting, dashboarding and correlation of data from all modules is well done. It is easy to see the level of maturity in the product.Maintenance is included in the price of the RSA solution. Enhanced maintenance also is available and offers 24/7 support for a fee of 25 percent of perpetual licence cost and seven percent of term contract. Documentation appears to be built into the user interface, but we did not have a chance to view it during the review.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- OpenSSL patches 14 vulns, including high-severity flaw that can be exploited for DoS attacks
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- RIG EK rigged to steal tricks from Neutrino in fight to fill Angler's void
- SWIFT adds additional protective measures for members to ensure cybersecurity compliance
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- Pagers found leaking patient health information
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack