For smaller security department, careful consideration of SIEM options can bring the relief and capabilities that everyone is looking for.
Business networks - from SMBs to large enterprises to education institutions and everyone in between - have never been more vulnerable.
A more remote and mobile workforce is helping companies to reduce costs and improve employee productivity and collaboration, but organizations are at risk of losing control of their data.
As mobile devices continue to infiltrate organizations, the demand for secure solutions becomes critical.
In today's diverse and sophisticated threat landscape, CISOs and IT departments face daunting information security challenges.
Vilfredo Pareto, the Italian scientist , would be rolling in his grave if he knew how data is treated in a typical data loss prevention (DLP) solution.
Amidst a rapidly shifting threat landscape that is fueled by a burgeoning cyber crime economy, many organizations are asking themselves "Are we already breached and just don't know it?"
Several factors are tipping the scales in favor of the bad guys. The top three are lack of (threat) information sharing, insufficient security automation and the absence of continuous security risk monitoring.
The need for cyber threat intelligence sharing is still vital, and with Congress sidelined, it's going to take leadership from the nation's corporate executives to make progress on this issue within the framework of our current laws.
While agility, availability and lower TCO will drive business to the cloud, organizations must address open questions around the security and compliance of PHI, PII, and who has access to it.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Cisco shedding 7% of its workforce
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- The media becomes the story as hackers focus efforts on news organizations
- Researchers quell Wildfire ransomware with decryption key
- M&A deals bring added cybersecurity risks
- Twitoor first Android malware known to leverage Twitter for command and control
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet