For smaller security department, careful consideration of SIEM options can bring the relief and capabilities that everyone is looking for.
Business networks - from SMBs to large enterprises to education institutions and everyone in between - have never been more vulnerable.
A more remote and mobile workforce is helping companies to reduce costs and improve employee productivity and collaboration, but organizations are at risk of losing control of their data.
As mobile devices continue to infiltrate organizations, the demand for secure solutions becomes critical.
In today's diverse and sophisticated threat landscape, CISOs and IT departments face daunting information security challenges.
Vilfredo Pareto, the Italian scientist , would be rolling in his grave if he knew how data is treated in a typical data loss prevention (DLP) solution.
Amidst a rapidly shifting threat landscape that is fueled by a burgeoning cyber crime economy, many organizations are asking themselves "Are we already breached and just don't know it?"
Several factors are tipping the scales in favor of the bad guys. The top three are lack of (threat) information sharing, insufficient security automation and the absence of continuous security risk monitoring.
The need for cyber threat intelligence sharing is still vital, and with Congress sidelined, it's going to take leadership from the nation's corporate executives to make progress on this issue within the framework of our current laws.
While agility, availability and lower TCO will drive business to the cloud, organizations must address open questions around the security and compliance of PHI, PII, and who has access to it.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Oracle PeopleSoft attack could enable big data breaches
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- Cyber attack on U.S. power grid could rack up $1 trillion in losses, study says
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- Report delves into RAT videos on YouTube
- Tor Project, Library Freedom Project to establish Tor exit nodes in libraries
- PagerDuty requires password change for all customers following breach
- Cisco: Attackers innovating, evading defenses in first half of 2015
- Does Windows 10 Wi-Fi Sense spell end of private wireless networks?