For smaller security department, careful consideration of SIEM options can bring the relief and capabilities that everyone is looking for.
Business networks - from SMBs to large enterprises to education institutions and everyone in between - have never been more vulnerable.
A more remote and mobile workforce is helping companies to reduce costs and improve employee productivity and collaboration, but organizations are at risk of losing control of their data.
As mobile devices continue to infiltrate organizations, the demand for secure solutions becomes critical.
In today's diverse and sophisticated threat landscape, CISOs and IT departments face daunting information security challenges.
Vilfredo Pareto, the Italian scientist , would be rolling in his grave if he knew how data is treated in a typical data loss prevention (DLP) solution.
Amidst a rapidly shifting threat landscape that is fueled by a burgeoning cyber crime economy, many organizations are asking themselves "Are we already breached and just don't know it?"
Several factors are tipping the scales in favor of the bad guys. The top three are lack of (threat) information sharing, insufficient security automation and the absence of continuous security risk monitoring.
The need for cyber threat intelligence sharing is still vital, and with Congress sidelined, it's going to take leadership from the nation's corporate executives to make progress on this issue within the framework of our current laws.
While agility, availability and lower TCO will drive business to the cloud, organizations must address open questions around the security and compliance of PHI, PII, and who has access to it.
SC Magazine Articles
- Cerber ransomware strain now targeting Office 365 users
- Critical infrastructure in Europe exposed to hackers
- Deal with the devil: Ransomware experiment proves you can negotiate price down
- WordPress Summer of Pwnage: 64 holes in 21 days
- Cerber ransomware C&C server shut down by research firm and CERT-Netherlands
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Brexit shakeup: How will the U.K.'s exit from the EU affect the technology sector?
- Ransomware attack almost sends NASCAR team to the garage