Click on a filter below to refine your search. Remove filter to broaden your search.
|Last 12 months||remove|
Hint: If you don't want the words you enter to be searched for separately, use quotation marks to find people or exact phrases. See our Search Help section for more hints.
Doctor Web researchers have discovered a new malware that is being used to amass Macs into a giant botnet.
Less than a week after the 'Beebone' botnet was taken down, INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation, along with other global companies and agencies, has dismantled the 'Simda' botnet.
The Dell SecureWorks Counter Threat Unit first noticed the ZeroAccess botnet reactivating from March 21, 2014, to July 2, 2014.
Mobile security firm Lookout detailed how the malware has grown in complexity to hide its botnet activity.
Some advice from pros for keeping your infrastructure out of the snares of a botnet. Alan Earls reports.
A botnet of more than 12,000 computers was taken down on Wednesday through a collaborative effort by various international law enforcement agencies and tech companies.
Researchers found that the botnet contained 360 bots and was used to target Spanish-speaking Citibank customers.
Symantec observed that the botnet services were being advertised on the underground, but also through public postings.
A 14-count indictment against the suspected botnet administrator, Evgeniy Bogachev of Russia, was unsealed on Monday.
Cloudmark came upon an email that offers free pizza, but clicking on the link to get the coupon ends with victims being ensnared in a botnet.
In a Tuesday hearing, a Senate subcommittee heard testimony from government and private sector security experts over the botnet explosion.
FireEye researchers are tracking spikes in malicious emails attributed to an ongoing Asprox campaign.
Lecpetex attackers may have infected up to 250,000 computers, Facebook revealed.
The Gameover variant of the nefarious Zeus trojan was disrupted in early June, but researchers with Malcovery are observing a return.
The Ramnit worm, discovered in 2010, evolved after incorporating code from the notorious banking trojan Zeus.
A vulnerable Google Maps plug-in for Joomla allowed attackers to spoof the source of DDoS attacks.
Neverquest, also known as Vawtrak, is data stealing malware that targets banking information.
In less than a day, over 6,000 infected machines were updated with the new Pushdo variant.
Thousands of infected computers around the world are being used to brute-force point-of-sale systems utilizing remote desktop protocols.
The news comes soon after law enforcement announced an international effort to disrupt the botnet.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Senate fails to pass USA Freedom Act; McConnell moves for revote of Patriot Act extension
- Android ransomware distributed to English speakers in spam campaign
- Site operator sentenced to 13 months for facilitating prostitution
- ISA presses for data to shape cyber security policy, encourages use of NIST framework
- Former Jacobi Medical Center employee improperly emails patient data