Click on a filter below to refine your search. Remove filter to broaden your search.
|Last 12 months||remove|
Hint: If you don't want the words you enter to be searched for separately, use quotation marks to find people or exact phrases. See our Search Help section for more hints.
This week's news included another retailer confirming a breach, a nasty trojan compromising thousands of Unix and Linux servers, and a new study indicating that nearly $500 billion will be spent in 2014 on recovery initiatives when dealing with data breaches and malware. For more deeper look at...
A court has approved a plan for Schnucks to reimburse shoppers affected by a 2013 data breach.
This heightened awareness regarding data breach response time has created an interesting dynamic for security professionals.
The U.K.'s data security watchdog has disclosed a data breach it suffered in the last year.
New Mexico is one of three states without a data breach notification law but that might change if a bill from state Rep. Bill Rehm passes.
The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has launched an investigation into a possible data breach of its credit card processing services.
In what might be the broadest data breach legislation yet, Gov. Rick Perry signed a set of bills that impose stringent requirements on businesses.
Is the time right for national data breach legislation? There are signs that this may be the year, reports Steve Zurier.
A privacy watchdog in Luxembourg will head up an investigation into the massive eBay data breach which may have affected as many as 145 million customers.
The massive data breach of Minneapolis-based Target may end up costing the company $148 million.
After a Kentucky bill passed on Thursday, only three states remain that do not have any data breach notification laws.
The best strategy to manage the inevitable data breach of your enterprise is to be prepared, reports Adam Greenberg.
Following its headline-grabbing data breach, Anthem's public relation's agency, Ketchum, went into action addressing the public.
Costs associated with the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) data breach continue to rise and are nearly at the $20 million mark.
University of California, Berkeley is notifying roughly 1,600 individuals that their personal information may have been compromised in a data breach.
An Australian daily deals website company, Catch of the Day, alerted its users on Friday of a data breach that impacted one of its websites in 2011.
The Boston-based hospital agreed to the fine related to its 2012 data breach which left information on thousands of patients vulnerable to compromise.
Testimony in House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing and Trade hearing aimed at shaping national data breach notification law.
Will recent high-profile cyber attacks spur stronger security and improved risk management? The consensus from our data breach survey indicates: Yes, reports Teri Robinson.
Employees, graduate students, adjunct professors and individuals that took foreign language placement tests are among those who may have had personal data compromised in a UNC Wilmington breach.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Popular adult website XTube compromised, delivers malware
- Android vulnerability leaves apps open to malicious overwriting
- One in three of the top million websites are 'risky,' researchers find
- Orgs predict $53M risk, on average, from crypto key, digital cert attacks
- Hanjuan Exploit Kit leveraged in malvertising campaign
- Report: 71 percent of orgs were successfully attacked in 2014
- Self-deleting malware targets home routers to gather information
- 'PoSeidon' point-of-sale malware targets payment card information
- Amedisys notifies nearly 7,000 individuals of potential breach
- Report: More than 15,000 vulnerabilities in nearly 4,000 applications reported in 2014
- The best defense is a good offense: The importance of securing your endpoints
- British Airways says rewards accounts hacked, locked down
- Documents on NSA's zero-day policy provide little insight, EFF says
- GitHub on DDoS alert, efforts to curb its largest attack continue
- Shadow data: The monster that isn't just under your bed