Click on a filter below to refine your search. Remove filter to broaden your search.
|Last 12 months||remove|
Hint: If you don't want the words you enter to be searched for separately, use quotation marks to find people or exact phrases. See our Search Help section for more hints.
Beyond a reasonable doubt is that using a defense in depth strategy makes it substantially more difficult for cyber criminals to obtain sensitive information.
A Cyphort Labs report provides an in-depth analysis of Backoff, BlackPOS and FrameworkPOS, malware used in some of the biggest breaches.
The MECS (Mobile Enterprise Compliance and Security) server is a centrally managed enterprise-grade solution designed to extend security functions to corporate and personally-owned mobile devices (iOS, Android).
Technological innovation is now increasingly consumer led forcing organizations to adopt faster to serve them or it diffuses into the work environment leaving the traditional IT to play catch-up.
The coordinated effort includes a newly formed cyber cell comprised of officials from the NSA, FBI and Britain's GCHQ and MI5.
During a speech at Stanford University this past week, U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter acknowledged the government's desire to hire young talent for cybersecurity work.
Off the field, demand for bandwidth and protection from network threats set the ball in motion for the Denver Broncos. Greg Masters reports.
This is another market area that has seen a lot of change over the past few years.
The DHS will gain more control - and federal cybersecurity likely will be improved - when a FISMA update is passed, reports Lee Sustar.
A group identifying itself as CyberBerkut claimed, in an email to SC Magazine, to have gained access to files on the mobile device of a Green Group official.
A report by Ari Kaplan Advisors and sponsored by Nuix found most infosec pros collaborate with data managers.
Sergei Tsurikov was sentenced to 11 years in prison after he helped steal more than $9 million from a payment processor. This week also yielded research that suggested point-of-sale (POS) malware attacks increased greatly in Q3. Up to 138,00 events could be seen in one day. For...
A report by Brian Krebs detailed the intrusions, which occurred between Oct. 2011 and Aug. 2012.
This week, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) expounded on previous comments surrounding the inherent risk in the Internet of Things (IoT) by releasing a detailed report. Also this week, ransomware was documented, for the first time, as dropping trojans and malware on infected users' systems. For a closer look at...
Fortinet and Palo Alto Networks expect to lure other security vendors to join and share intelligence to thwart malware at the network level.
Ninety-six percent of security pros employed AV and anti-malware solutions to protect data from APT attacks, while protections for mobile entry points fell at the bottom of the list.
Speaker Jason Healey warned that the internet can only endure so much abuse before it's irreversibly damaged.
Today's CISO must stay ahead of attackers, says Gene Fredriksen, CISO at PSCU. Teri Robinson talks one on one with the industry veteran.
Cybersecurity teams spend the majority of their time trying to figure out exactly what is happening on their networks. They would be better served trying to focus on how often things happen on their network.
Three days after Yahoo announced its new "on-demand" passwords (ODP), the company's CISO Alex Stamos took to Twitter to defend the company's decision and address criticism from the security community.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Website observed serving 83 executable files, more than 50 percent malware
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- TeslaCrypt used to extort over $76K in recent months
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes
- Researchers publish developer guidance for medical device security
- Senate gears up for Saturday USA Freedom Act vote; House breaks for recess
- Researchers observe SVG files being used to distribute ransomware
- Federal prosecutors charge Chinese nationals with trade secret theft