Click on a filter below to refine your search. Remove filter to broaden your search.
|Last 12 months||remove|
Your search for distributed denial-of-service returned 157 results.Sort results:
Hint: If you don't want the words you enter to be searched for separately, use quotation marks to find people or exact phrases. See our Search Help section for more hints.
A popular website was downed after attackers launched a distributed denial-of-service attack using more than 162,000 WordPress sites.
Ellie Mae had its services shut down yesterday after a suspected distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack.
Customers of New Zealand communications service provider Spark experienced internet connectivity issues over the weekend due to a distributed denial-of-service attack.
Basecamp has become the latest victim of an extortion-based distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack, according to a Monday notification.
The website of the UK's Ministry of Justice was taken offline for several hours as a result of a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack on Wednesday.
A Wisconsin man was sentenced to two years of federal probation and fined $183,000 for his part in a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack organized by Anonymous.
Social networking portal Meetup has been hit with a prolonged distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack that has caused intermittent outages for days.
The use of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) reflection-based attacks continues to be on the rise, according to one recent study.
A division of the British spy agency deployed a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack to uncover identities of Anonymous members.
The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) experienced a distributed denial-of-service attack last week that shut down its site and prevented customers from accessing their bank accounts.
A 17-year-old in Norway was arrested and charged with launching distributed denial-of-service attacks against banks and other companies in the country.
Hacktivist collective Anonymous has taken credit for a distributed denial-of-service attack that unintentionally affected a number of Microsoft services last week.
CloudFlare spent the last few days battling a massive NTP reflection distributed denial-of-service attack that the company said is larger than the Spamhaus attack.
The Q1 2014 Global DDoS Attack Report reveals that amplification and reflection distributed denial-of-service attacks are on the rise.
A significant string of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) campaigns during the second quarter of 2014 were driven by Linux web servers.
Researchers with Radware are referring to the new type of distributed denial-of-service attack as a Tsunami SYN Flood Attack.
When defenses improve against DNS amplification and NTP reflection, SNMP may become the next vector for carrying out massive distributed denial-of-service attacks.
The creators of Wurm Online are offering 10,000 Euro for information leading to a conviction of the party responsible for carrying out a distributed denial-of-service attack against the game's hosting provider.
Jacob Wilkens was sentenced to 24 months of probation and ordered to pay $110,932.71 in restitution for his role in a distributed denial-of-service attack against Koch Industries.
While distributed denial-of-service attacks continue to plague organizations around the world, in this month's debate experts discuss whether they should be a top of mind concern for security pros.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context