Security Management, Assessment, Incident Response System, Software and Product ReviewsProduct Subcategories:
WHAT: Solid pure vulnerability management tool with excellent hooks into other Tripwire tools. Good price point.
PRICE: $15,184.40 for a 256 IP annual license. Perpetual pricing is also available.
VENDOR: Tenable Network Security
WHAT: Simplicity, comprehensive vulnerability scanning, reliability and solid reporting.
PRICE: $2,920 for 128 hosts.
VENDOR: Skybox Security
WHAT: Very good functionality with solid control over its functions.
VENDOR: Saint Corporation
WHAT: Excellent combination of vulnerability assessment and pen testing capabilities, ease of use (a huge improvement over earlier versions) and comprehensive reporting.
PRICE: $12,000 for 1,000 IPs.
VENDOR: Rapid 7
WHAT: Solid enterprise-grade vulnerability assessment scanner with a long reliable history. Scalable across even the largest enterprises.
PRICE: Starts at $16,000 for 128 IPs.
WHAT: Vulnerability assessment at the endpoints really doesn’t get easier or less expensive than this.
PRICE: $24 per year per endpoint.
WHAT: Targeted tool for replaying attacks against network components such as firewalls.
PRICE: $2,000 to $11,000.
VENDOR: Core Security Technologies
WHAT: This takes vulnerability management into the next generation and combines vulnerability assessment and pen testing along with attack simulation in a single tool.
PRICE: $66,000 for up to 1,000 assets.
WHAT: This is a full-featured vulnerability management platform with all of the bells and whistles you need to deal with vulnerabilities on your enterprise.
PRICE: Starts at $28.65 per asset plus.
WHAT: The T30-W is a UTM for small- to medium-sized organizations. Used with Dimension it provides most of the functionality needed for today’s threatscape.
SC Magazine Articles
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Cisco shedding 7% of its workforce
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- The media becomes the story as hackers focus efforts on news organizations
- Researchers quell Wildfire ransomware with decryption key
- M&A deals bring added cybersecurity risks
- Twitoor first Android malware known to leverage Twitter for command and control
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet