Security-as-a-Service News, Articles and Updates
A survey released Monday by the Ponemon Institute found that a majority of organizations do not evaluate the security posture of cloud computing vendors or train internal employees on cloud security.
Cisco has gobbled up ScanSafe for $183 million in a move that validates both the web security market and SaaS as a desired delivery model.
The global software security market still is growing despite a far-reaching recession.
Vivek Kundra, the federal CIO appointed by President Obama in March, announced on Tuesday a cloud computing initiative designed to cut spending on government data centers, but maintain a high level of security.
McAfee on Thursday announced plans to acquire managed email and web security vendor MX Logic for at least $140 million. McAfee said the acquisition would bolster its cloud-based security portfolio. The deal is expected to close during the third quarter of 2009. If the deal goes through, MX Logic staff will be integrated into McAfee's software-as-a-service business unit. McAfee stands to gain MX Logic's 40,000 customers, representing four million end users. — AM
SC Magazine Articles
- WhatsApp in the spotlight after Turkey publishes messages of coup officers
- Trump's Russian interests and Guccifer 2.0
- Russian hackers take the stage at DNC convention
- Proliferation of hacker culture helped keep Anonymous from being branded terrorist org
- 2.3 million 'Warframe,' 'Clash of Kings' accounts compromised
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild