Security-as-a-Service News, Articles and Updates
A survey released Monday by the Ponemon Institute found that a majority of organizations do not evaluate the security posture of cloud computing vendors or train internal employees on cloud security.
Cisco has gobbled up ScanSafe for $183 million in a move that validates both the web security market and SaaS as a desired delivery model.
The global software security market still is growing despite a far-reaching recession.
Vivek Kundra, the federal CIO appointed by President Obama in March, announced on Tuesday a cloud computing initiative designed to cut spending on government data centers, but maintain a high level of security.
McAfee on Thursday announced plans to acquire managed email and web security vendor MX Logic for at least $140 million. McAfee said the acquisition would bolster its cloud-based security portfolio. The deal is expected to close during the third quarter of 2009. If the deal goes through, MX Logic staff will be integrated into McAfee's software-as-a-service business unit. McAfee stands to gain MX Logic's 40,000 customers, representing four million end users. — AM
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!