Security-as-a-Service News, Articles and Updates
A survey released Monday by the Ponemon Institute found that a majority of organizations do not evaluate the security posture of cloud computing vendors or train internal employees on cloud security.
Cisco has gobbled up ScanSafe for $183 million in a move that validates both the web security market and SaaS as a desired delivery model.
The global software security market still is growing despite a far-reaching recession.
Vivek Kundra, the federal CIO appointed by President Obama in March, announced on Tuesday a cloud computing initiative designed to cut spending on government data centers, but maintain a high level of security.
McAfee on Thursday announced plans to acquire managed email and web security vendor MX Logic for at least $140 million. McAfee said the acquisition would bolster its cloud-based security portfolio. The deal is expected to close during the third quarter of 2009. If the deal goes through, MX Logic staff will be integrated into McAfee's software-as-a-service business unit. McAfee stands to gain MX Logic's 40,000 customers, representing four million end users. — AM
SC Magazine Articles
- GCHQ infosec group disclosed kernel privilege exploit to Apple
- 77% of organisations unprepared for cyber-security incidents
- 117 million LinkedIn email credentials found for sale on the dark web
- Furtim malware can run AND it can hide
- Ubiquiti warns of worm using known exploit on outdated AirOS firmware
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Spearphishing attack nets $495K from investment firm
- Updated: Gmail, Yahoo email credentials among millions found on the dark web
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Organizations need formal vendor risk management programs, study
- 2.5K Twitter accounts hacked to spread links to adult content
- Study: Federal agencies still lack strong cyber hygiene practices
- Petya and Mischa - the Ransomware Twins (sort of)
- Bad guys update ransomware DMA Locker with version 4.0
- Lieu, Hurd urge colleagues to use encryption, improve cyber hygiene