A survey released Monday by the Ponemon Institute found that a majority of organizations do not evaluate the security posture of cloud computing vendors or train internal employees on cloud security.
Cisco has gobbled up ScanSafe for $183 million in a move that validates both the web security market and SaaS as a desired delivery model.
The global software security market still is growing despite a far-reaching recession.
Vivek Kundra, the federal CIO appointed by President Obama in March, announced on Tuesday a cloud computing initiative designed to cut spending on government data centers, but maintain a high level of security.
McAfee on Thursday announced plans to acquire managed email and web security vendor MX Logic for at least $140 million. McAfee said the acquisition would bolster its cloud-based security portfolio. The deal is expected to close during the third quarter of 2009. If the deal goes through, MX Logic staff will be integrated into McAfee's software-as-a-service business unit. McAfee stands to gain MX Logic's 40,000 customers, representing four million end users. — AM
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Free security tools help detect Hacking Team malware
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- Fake games in Google Play redirect Android users to porn sites
- Researcher finds several vulnerabilities in PHP File Manager
- Survey: Nearly all Americans support and want retaliation for cyberattacks
- 'Black Vine' group breached Anthem, leveraged zero-day bugs in various campaigns
- Data on 5,300 Healthfirst members caught up in fraud scheme
- Apple App Store and iTunes buyers hit by zero-day