A survey released Monday by the Ponemon Institute found that a majority of organizations do not evaluate the security posture of cloud computing vendors or train internal employees on cloud security.
Cisco has gobbled up ScanSafe for $183 million in a move that validates both the web security market and SaaS as a desired delivery model.
The global software security market still is growing despite a far-reaching recession.
Vivek Kundra, the federal CIO appointed by President Obama in March, announced on Tuesday a cloud computing initiative designed to cut spending on government data centers, but maintain a high level of security.
McAfee on Thursday announced plans to acquire managed email and web security vendor MX Logic for at least $140 million. McAfee said the acquisition would bolster its cloud-based security portfolio. The deal is expected to close during the third quarter of 2009. If the deal goes through, MX Logic staff will be integrated into McAfee's software-as-a-service business unit. McAfee stands to gain MX Logic's 40,000 customers, representing four million end users. — AM
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes