SEO Attacks News, Articles and Updates
Spammers have begun trying to capitalize on the Cyber Monday buying frenzy.
Cyber Monday, the digital equivalent of the brick-and-mortar world's Black Friday, is one of the busiest online shopping days of the year, and typically marks the beginning of a month-long period of increased online threats.
Online miscreants took to Facebook about an hour after Apple announced that Jobs died, attempting to earn commission by luring users into clicking on affiliate scam links with the promise of a free iPad.
The website belonging to a man in Pakistan who unknowingly live tweeted the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound was found to be infected with malware.
Google has acquired Germany-based Zynamics, maker of software analysis and reverse engineering tools. Terms of the deal, announced Tuesday, were not disclosed. Google will leverage Zynamics solutions to better protect users against malware. "We provide solutions that aim at helping the software analyst to understand the complex relations that exist in modern software and to boost his productivity," according to Zynamics, whose CEO is noted researcher Thomas Dullien, better known by his handle of Halvar Flake. - DK
Users should begin readying themselves for an onslaught of Valentine's Day-themed attacks that seek to steal personal information or install malware.
A large number of legitimate websites have been infected to redirect users to spam websites.
Google has launched a new service that notifies web surfers in search results if a website they may visit has been compromised.
Malicious pages, numbering more than 700,000 as of Wednesday, claim to contain a must-see YouTube video associated with the Gulf oil spill, NBA Playoffs, Harry Potter and other popular topics.
Attackers have been using Twitter and black hat search engine optimization tactics to promote fake videos from the Winter Olympics that are spreading malware, experts warned.
Cybercriminals have launched a black hat search engine optimization (SEO) campaign exploiting the interest surrounding Apple's newly released tablet computer, iPad, according to researchers at web security vendor Websense. Searches for "apple tablet announcement" have been poisoned by attackers and now yield a malicious link within the top five search results for site promoting rogue anti-virus products. Other recent SEO campaigns have leveraged the crisis in Haiti, the movie "Avatar" and Google's new Nexus One smartphone. - AM
Security researchers on Monday began warning internet users of a pair of new threats whose goal is to install malware on the PCs of unwitting users.
SC Magazine Articles
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Voter databases in two states breached by foreign hackers, FBI
- Researchers find seven classes of vulnerabilities in iOS sandbox security feature
- Sony enables two-factor authentication for PlayStation
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- New macros attacks use Anti-VM and Anti-Sandbox techniques
- SWIFT warns of new attacks, pushes for security upgrades
- Paypal users targeted in new angler phishing scam, Proofpoint report
- Dropbox commended for its handling of massive data breach involving 68M users
- Google refuses to patch alleged login page flaw
- RIPPER malware suspected behind $350K Thailand ATM heist, report