Settlement News, Articles and Updates
Yair Shalev and his company, Kobeni Inc., sent deceptive emails to consumers that led to advertisements for insurance providers.
The law firm of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has filed an amicus brief in Arizona, asking a U.S. District Court to accept a motion filed by Wyndham Hotels and Resorts against the FTC.
After taking control of a domain that hosted the Nitol botnet and other malicious subdomains, Microsoft has reached a settlement with the site operator.
The $163 million ruling by a Maryland federal judge addresses the final defendant of a rogue anti-virus ring first contested in 2008.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!