Yair Shalev and his company, Kobeni Inc., sent deceptive emails to consumers that led to advertisements for insurance providers.
The law firm of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has filed an amicus brief in Arizona, asking a U.S. District Court to accept a motion filed by Wyndham Hotels and Resorts against the FTC.
After taking control of a domain that hosted the Nitol botnet and other malicious subdomains, Microsoft has reached a settlement with the site operator.
The $163 million ruling by a Maryland federal judge addresses the final defendant of a rogue anti-virus ring first contested in 2008.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Oracle PeopleSoft attack could enable big data breaches
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- Cyber attack on U.S. power grid could rack up $1 trillion in losses, study says
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- Government 'Cybersecurity Sprint' spurs agency authentication measures
- Report: News, entertainment websites serve majority of malvertisements
- UConn School of Engineering cyberintrusion originated in China
- Report delves into RAT videos on YouTube
- Tor Project, Library Freedom Project to establish Tor exit nodes in libraries