Settlement News, Articles and Updates
Yair Shalev and his company, Kobeni Inc., sent deceptive emails to consumers that led to advertisements for insurance providers.
The law firm of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has filed an amicus brief in Arizona, asking a U.S. District Court to accept a motion filed by Wyndham Hotels and Resorts against the FTC.
After taking control of a domain that hosted the Nitol botnet and other malicious subdomains, Microsoft has reached a settlement with the site operator.
The $163 million ruling by a Maryland federal judge addresses the final defendant of a rogue anti-virus ring first contested in 2008.
SC Magazine Articles
- WhatsApp in the spotlight after Turkey publishes messages of coup officers
- Trump's Russian interests and Guccifer 2.0
- Russian hackers take the stage at DNC convention
- Proliferation of hacker culture helped keep Anonymous from being branded terrorist org
- 2.3 million 'Warframe,' 'Clash of Kings' accounts compromised
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild