WHAT: The T30-W is a UTM for small- to medium-sized organizations. Used with Dimension it provides most of the functionality needed for today’s threatscape.
VENDOR: Intel Security
WHAT: Probably the most comprehensive and powerful SIEM we’ve seen, continuing the legacy of the old Nitro product up to the present time.
PRICE: Starts at $39,995 for the VM software version or $47,994 for the hardware version.
WHAT: Probably the most complete pure-play SIEM we’ve seen with the added benefit of many next-gen features and superlative correlation and analytics.
PRICE: $32,000, plus 20 percent for annual maintenance.
WHAT: Excellent value and wide-ranging capabilities perhaps unexpected in such a modestly priced package.
PRICE: Starts from $5,795 to $12,995.
WHAT: Excellent price point for a very flexible SIEM/log correlator with lots of features.
PRICE: $5,000, software only.
WHAT: Significant, mature next-generation blend of SIEM and UTM capabilities at a very reasonable price. Outstanding customer relationship building.
PRICE: $5,050 for the virtual appliance.
VENDOR: ZyXEL Communications
WHAT: The ZyXEL Communications USG1900 is a comprehensive UTM firewall that is brilliantly simple to set up.
PRICE: $3,550 (includes first year of licensing).
VENDOR: WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
WHAT: The Firebox M440 is the latest next-generation firewall offering from WatchGuard.
PRICE: $6,795 (includes first year of licensing).
WHAT: SolarWinds Log & Event Manager is one of the most popular SIEMs on the market today – and with good reason.
WHAT: The NetIQ Sentinel may be one of the best SIEM solutions for your network.
PRICE: Starts at $9,680 (plus additional first year maintenance fee).
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!
- Six senators urge Obama to prioritize cybercrime at G20 summit
- Creating a buzz: USBee software causes air-gapped computers to leak data via USB connections
- Privacy advocates upset over FAA drone regulations, citizen takes action
- Voter database hack in Illinois by foreign intruder compromises info of 200K
- Fantom and FairWare ransomware discovered