WHAT: The T30-W is a UTM for small- to medium-sized organizations. Used with Dimension it provides most of the functionality needed for today’s threatscape.
VENDOR: Intel Security
WHAT: Probably the most comprehensive and powerful SIEM we’ve seen, continuing the legacy of the old Nitro product up to the present time.
PRICE: Starts at $39,995 for the VM software version or $47,994 for the hardware version.
WHAT: Probably the most complete pure-play SIEM we’ve seen with the added benefit of many next-gen features and superlative correlation and analytics.
PRICE: $32,000, plus 20 percent for annual maintenance.
WHAT: Excellent value and wide-ranging capabilities perhaps unexpected in such a modestly priced package.
PRICE: Starts from $5,795 to $12,995.
WHAT: Excellent price point for a very flexible SIEM/log correlator with lots of features.
PRICE: $5,000, software only.
WHAT: Significant, mature next-generation blend of SIEM and UTM capabilities at a very reasonable price. Outstanding customer relationship building.
PRICE: $5,050 for the virtual appliance.
VENDOR: ZyXEL Communications
WHAT: The ZyXEL Communications USG1900 is a comprehensive UTM firewall that is brilliantly simple to set up.
PRICE: $3,550 (includes first year of licensing).
VENDOR: WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
WHAT: The Firebox M440 is the latest next-generation firewall offering from WatchGuard.
PRICE: $6,795 (includes first year of licensing).
WHAT: SolarWinds Log & Event Manager is one of the most popular SIEMs on the market today – and with good reason.
WHAT: The NetIQ Sentinel may be one of the best SIEM solutions for your network.
PRICE: Starts at $9,680 (plus additional first year maintenance fee).
SC Magazine Articles
- WhatsApp in the spotlight after Turkey publishes messages of coup officers
- Trump's Russian interests and Guccifer 2.0
- WordPress Summer of Pwnage: 64 holes in 21 days
- Russian hackers take the stage at DNC convention
- Proliferation of hacker culture helped keep Anonymous from being branded terrorist org
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild