Skills In Demand
The amount of information stored in our medical records creates a ripe environment for security breaches. The health care sector is in search of information security analysts.
Embedded security analysts are needed in a mobile environment.
There's a high demand for the assistance of cyber security contract specialists.
Recent breaches have highlighted the need for talented technologists with the ability to assess vulnerabilities long before they are under attack.
As has been the trend, 2014 will usher in new U.S. government regulations, particularly surrounding compliance.
As organizations collect increasing amounts of data related to security and IT risk, the demand for security analytics specialists is high.
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions provide the core IT systems for a business, and include financial, accounting, sales and other apps. As a result, experienced ERP systems administrators and application developers are critical.
For moving core apps to the cloud or implementing new systems in companies' internal environments, IT project managers are in great demand.
Adam Weissman, director of legal technology at The Glenmont Group, says a significant expansion of IT infrastructures has increased demand for experienced penetration testers.
The increase of systems automation and monitoring within manufacturing companies has led to increased demand for certified automation systems professionals.
As threats grow in complexity, many organizations rely on managed security service providers to handle security operations center (SOC) capabilities.
The convergence of communications, VoIP and multimedia systems (video conferencing, webinars, peer-to-peer) has increased the demand for engineers capable of designing and managing systems.
There's a high demand for sales engineers who can provide the technical expertise to align solutions with clients.
Samantha Manke, security analyst at a leading manufacturing company
Security professionals with specific infrastructure experience are needed to lead teams comprised of security operations, security engineering and threat intelligence.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- ENCRYPT Act, Comey testimony show stark differences toward encryption
- Third-party app stores riddled with malicious apps, Trend Micro warns
- IBM: Phishing scams a major cause of bank breaches
- Panel approves Cobert as nominee for OPM director
- F-Secure: New malvertising campaign delivers ransomware via Skype, browsers