Skills In Demand
Embedded security analysts are needed in a mobile environment.
There's a high demand for the assistance of cyber security contract specialists.
Recent breaches have highlighted the need for talented technologists with the ability to assess vulnerabilities long before they are under attack.
As has been the trend, 2014 will usher in new U.S. government regulations, particularly surrounding compliance.
As organizations collect increasing amounts of data related to security and IT risk, the demand for security analytics specialists is high.
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions provide the core IT systems for a business, and include financial, accounting, sales and other apps. As a result, experienced ERP systems administrators and application developers are critical.
For moving core apps to the cloud or implementing new systems in companies' internal environments, IT project managers are in great demand.
Adam Weissman, director of legal technology at The Glenmont Group, says a significant expansion of IT infrastructures has increased demand for experienced penetration testers.
The increase of systems automation and monitoring within manufacturing companies has led to increased demand for certified automation systems professionals.
As threats grow in complexity, many organizations rely on managed security service providers to handle security operations center (SOC) capabilities.
The convergence of communications, VoIP and multimedia systems (video conferencing, webinars, peer-to-peer) has increased the demand for engineers capable of designing and managing systems.
There's a high demand for sales engineers who can provide the technical expertise to align solutions with clients.
Samantha Manke, security analyst at a leading manufacturing company
Security professionals with specific infrastructure experience are needed to lead teams comprised of security operations, security engineering and threat intelligence.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context