The agency that regulates the transmission of electricity, oil and natural gas in the United States has created a new office to concentrate on cyber security.
Two research presentations set to be delivered next week in Las Vegas will shine the spotlight on the vulnerability of smart meters.
Standards and policy leaders are concerned about the lack of threat intelligence on smart grid.
Critical infrastructure providers have been slow to respond to an increasing number of threats targeting industries such as power, oil, gas and water, according to a new report.
Ann Cavoukian, privacy commissioner of Ontario, discusses how privacy risks must be considered as smart meters are deployed to homes throughout North America. Many utilities, she says, are overlooking the privacy dangers, such as third-parties gaining access to homeowners' electrical usage patterns, but that mindset must change.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Regin: nation-state possibly behind the stealthy modular spying malware
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards