Bringing together two separate pieces of security research reveals vulnerability to cybercrime on an alarming scale.
A new mobile phone bug stems from an insecure program, called HTCLoggers.apk, which was recently added to some HTC Android devices.
Mobile botnets are nowhere near as big as PC zombie networks, but the threat is growing, according to a new report from Damballa.
Researchers have discovered a new variant of the insidious Zeus trojan designed to run on Google Android smartphones, but the threat is minimal in the United States.
Apple this week issued an update to address rampant concerns that its iPhone and iPad devices are collecting and storing information about users' locations.
Apple has denied logging users' locations and promised to release a software update to change the way it stores data on iPhones.
Juniper Networks has agreed to acquire Columbus, Ohio-based SMobile Systems, a privately held software company focused on smartphone and tablet security solutions, for $70 million. The acquisition will further enable Juniper customers to remotely and securely connect their PCs and smartphones to corporate networks. According to Infonetics Research, the mobile client security market is projected to grow to more than $1 billion by 2014. - GM
Security professionals must stop being afraid of every "new" technology that comes along, says Hurricane Labs' Bill Mathews.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Regin: nation-state possibly behind the stealthy modular spying malware
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards