Raynaldo Rivera, 20, chose to plead guilty just like cohort Cody Kretsinger did earlier this year.
Authorities believe Raynaldo Rivera joined previously accused Cody Kretsinger in compromising SonyPictures.com to steal personal information on about a million people.
Yahoo presumably took no measures to ensure sensitive stuff like customer account credentials were kept safe and sound.
Transparency after a breach does more than save face.
An insurance expert said the case may set precedent for whether a general liability policy can extend to breach-related expenses.
Software flaws provide the attack vector of many of today's largest breaches, and organizations must work to rectify those weaknesses.
LulzSec are clearly having fun making money and hacking Sony: why should Nintendo worry?
The Sony PlayStation Network/Qriocity service breach of 77 million records contained a twist that makes it dangerous.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Oracle PeopleSoft attack could enable big data breaches
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- Cyber attack on U.S. power grid could rack up $1 trillion in losses, study says
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- Report delves into RAT videos on YouTube
- Tor Project, Library Freedom Project to establish Tor exit nodes in libraries
- PagerDuty requires password change for all customers following breach
- Cisco: Attackers innovating, evading defenses in first half of 2015
- Does Windows 10 Wi-Fi Sense spell end of private wireless networks?