Raynaldo Rivera, 20, chose to plead guilty just like cohort Cody Kretsinger did earlier this year.
Authorities believe Raynaldo Rivera joined previously accused Cody Kretsinger in compromising SonyPictures.com to steal personal information on about a million people.
Yahoo presumably took no measures to ensure sensitive stuff like customer account credentials were kept safe and sound.
Transparency after a breach does more than save face.
An insurance expert said the case may set precedent for whether a general liability policy can extend to breach-related expenses.
Software flaws provide the attack vector of many of today's largest breaches, and organizations must work to rectify those weaknesses.
LulzSec are clearly having fun making money and hacking Sony: why should Nintendo worry?
The Sony PlayStation Network/Qriocity service breach of 77 million records contained a twist that makes it dangerous.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- FBI-issued spyware leads to arrest of child pornography suspect
- Security researcher reveals Kaspersky zero days
- Companies leaving known vulnerabilities unchecked for 120 days: Kenna
- Stored XSS vulnerability identified in Jetpack plugin for WordPress
- Credit card security takes a step forward today with EMV cards