Raynaldo Rivera, 20, chose to plead guilty just like cohort Cody Kretsinger did earlier this year.
Authorities believe Raynaldo Rivera joined previously accused Cody Kretsinger in compromising SonyPictures.com to steal personal information on about a million people.
Yahoo presumably took no measures to ensure sensitive stuff like customer account credentials were kept safe and sound.
Transparency after a breach does more than save face.
An insurance expert said the case may set precedent for whether a general liability policy can extend to breach-related expenses.
Software flaws provide the attack vector of many of today's largest breaches, and organizations must work to rectify those weaknesses.
LulzSec are clearly having fun making money and hacking Sony: why should Nintendo worry?
The Sony PlayStation Network/Qriocity service breach of 77 million records contained a twist that makes it dangerous.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- House, in rush vote, passes Intelligence Authorization Act
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- Phishing email contains Word doc, enabling macros leads to malware infection
- U.S. accounts for most Mac OS X attacks and websites seeded with malware
- Neverquest botnet furthers crimeware-as-a-service biz for fraudsters
- Solo attacker likely responsible for phishing campaign, delivering Zeus variant
- Telecommunications companies on the line with FTC, FCC for cramming schemes
- The 10 POS malware families this holiday season
- White House calls Sony hack a "serious national security matter," gov't mulls proper response