Raynaldo Rivera, 20, chose to plead guilty just like cohort Cody Kretsinger did earlier this year.
Authorities believe Raynaldo Rivera joined previously accused Cody Kretsinger in compromising SonyPictures.com to steal personal information on about a million people.
Yahoo presumably took no measures to ensure sensitive stuff like customer account credentials were kept safe and sound.
Transparency after a breach does more than save face.
An insurance expert said the case may set precedent for whether a general liability policy can extend to breach-related expenses.
Software flaws provide the attack vector of many of today's largest breaches, and organizations must work to rectify those weaknesses.
LulzSec are clearly having fun making money and hacking Sony: why should Nintendo worry?
The Sony PlayStation Network/Qriocity service breach of 77 million records contained a twist that makes it dangerous.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Study: Open Source Software use increasing in enterprises but without vulnerability monitoring
- RSA Conference 2015: Prepare for the IoT before it's too late, Sorebo warns
- 'Aaron's Law' returns to Congress
- RSA 2015: Tension continues to grow between govt, cryptographers
- Data at risk for 9,000 individuals following unauthorized access to SRI Inc. website
- Study: Conficker declared top threat of 2014, but N. America targeted mainly by AnglerEK
- RSA 2015: Straight talk about encryption, bulk surveillance and IoT
- RSA 2015: In the healthcare industry, security must innovate with business
- RSA 2015: Unintended use of aircraft systems next challenge for counterterrorism community
- RSA 2015: Bug hunting and responsible vulnerability disclosure