Sony News, Articles and Updates
Raynaldo Rivera, 20, chose to plead guilty just like cohort Cody Kretsinger did earlier this year.
Authorities believe Raynaldo Rivera joined previously accused Cody Kretsinger in compromising SonyPictures.com to steal personal information on about a million people.
Yahoo presumably took no measures to ensure sensitive stuff like customer account credentials were kept safe and sound.
Transparency after a breach does more than save face.
An insurance expert said the case may set precedent for whether a general liability policy can extend to breach-related expenses.
Software flaws provide the attack vector of many of today's largest breaches, and organizations must work to rectify those weaknesses.
LulzSec are clearly having fun making money and hacking Sony: why should Nintendo worry?
The Sony PlayStation Network/Qriocity service breach of 77 million records contained a twist that makes it dangerous.
SC Magazine Articles
- Brexit shakeup: How will the U.K.'s exit from the EU affect the technology sector?
- Blasphemy! Godless malware preys on nearly 90 percent of Android devices
- 'Password attacks' continue; Citrix becomes latest victim
- Dangerous connections: Risky LinkedIn behavior runs rampant, finds survey
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components