Spear Phishing Attack
Researchers believe watering hole strategies, where attackers compromise sites visited by their targets, are used to steal personal information and set the stage for spear phishing attacks.
A massive Chinese-based hacker attack on Canadian federal government agencies late in 2010 was aimed at uncovering information about the takeover bid for Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Samsung devices, including Galaxy S6, vulnerable to remote code execution
- Dridex banking malware spreading through new spam campaign
- More than 440K new Android malware strains found in Q1, study finds
- U.S., China agree to cybersecurity code of conduct
- Suspicious activity on LastPass network, data compromised
- Study: Only 27 percent of flaws found in gov't applications fixed
- Hacking Team hacked; leaked documents confirm sale of software to Sudan and Ethiopia
- Oracle PeopleSoft attack could enable big data breaches
- FireKeepers confirms breach, says about 85,000 cards and other info are at risk
- Plex video sharing customers left at risk after hack attack