Spear Phishing Attack News, Articles and Updates
Researchers believe watering hole strategies, where attackers compromise sites visited by their targets, are used to steal personal information and set the stage for spear phishing attacks.
A massive Chinese-based hacker attack on Canadian federal government agencies late in 2010 was aimed at uncovering information about the takeover bid for Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan.
SC Magazine Articles
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Spearphishing attack nets $495K from investment firm
- Updated: Gmail, Yahoo email credentials among millions found on the dark web
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Organizations need formal vendor risk management programs, study
- China's quantum communications satellite to improve data security, thwart hackers
- 34% of Brits willing to sacrifice their online safety for weight loss
- Banks fail to innovate, blaming info security fears, report
- It's a trap! WhatsApp Gold 'premium' version lures users to malware
- 2.5K Twitter accounts hacked to spread links to adult content