Most Recent Articles by Stephen Lawton
While already ubiquitous in much of the world, mobile payment options are gaining traction in the United States, reports Stephen Lawton.
Speak in business terms and convey risk when attempting to gain funding for implementations from management, reports Stephen Lawton.
Most organizations cite trust issues as their primary reason for deciding against outsourcing their computing resources and data assets. So just what are cloud providers doing to ensure protection?
Security metrics remain elusive for many organizations, but key performance indicators, or KPIs, are achievable measurements that can help guide business planning and strategy.
The decision to move to the cloud has always been wrought with anxiety over entrusting one's data to a third-party. Learning which questions to ask of a provider can help mitigate that concern.
More Articles by Stephen Lawton
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- DDoS attacks enter new frontier with Portmapper
- John McAfee points to lone woman as Ashley Madison attacker while company offers reward
- Zero-Day, Angler kit exploits help drive up malvertising by 325%
- Judge grants father in custody case access to ex-wife's Facebook profile
- IBM: Corporations could be the next target for ransomware attacks
- Audit report finds sensitive data at risk for at least 73 Callif. agencies
- License plate reader helps spot Virginia killer, but privacy issues remain
- DD4BC are DDoS attack driving force, new report claims
- Researchers uncover possible Iranian-backed phishing scam
- After online report, Twitter user denies involvement in Ashley Madison hack