Most Recent Articles by Stephen Lawton
While already ubiquitous in much of the world, mobile payment options are gaining traction in the United States, reports Stephen Lawton.
Speak in business terms and convey risk when attempting to gain funding for implementations from management, reports Stephen Lawton.
Most organizations cite trust issues as their primary reason for deciding against outsourcing their computing resources and data assets. So just what are cloud providers doing to ensure protection?
Security metrics remain elusive for many organizations, but key performance indicators, or KPIs, are achievable measurements that can help guide business planning and strategy.
The decision to move to the cloud has always been wrought with anxiety over entrusting one's data to a third-party. Learning which questions to ask of a provider can help mitigate that concern.
More Articles by Stephen Lawton
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Citadel variant targets master passwords, authentication solutions
- USPS draws ire of Congress over data breach response
- Buffer overflow vulnerabilities identified in Hikvision DVR devices
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products