Most Recent Articles by Stephen Lawton
The perpetual tug-of-war between privacy versus security is anything but settled as consumers, vendors and their business partners wrestle with the question of the free flow of information versus locked-down privacy controls, panelists agreed at SC Congress Chicago Tuesday.
While insurance companies and corporate boards of directors debate the benefits and drawbacks to buying yet more insurance - this time cyber liability insurance - the biggest gotcha that companies will face might well lie in the dictionary rather than in the policies themselves.
SC Congress New York keynote speakers Angelo Prado and Xiaoran Wang, both from Salesforce.com, used demonstrations and code displays to reveal just how vulnerable modern browsers are to attacks.
While already ubiquitous in much of the world, mobile payment options are gaining traction in the United States, reports Stephen Lawton.
Speak in business terms and convey risk when attempting to gain funding for implementations from management, reports Stephen Lawton.
More Articles by Stephen Lawton
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- TaxAct breached: Customer banking and Social Security information compromised
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach