Most Recent Articles by Sue Marquette Poremba
A recent U.S. Department of Justice survey indicates that the majority of American businesses have detected one or more cyberattacks.
Microsoft announced that it would make available three Security Development Lifecycle programs and tools to help the industry improve security and privacy technology.
Apple released a security update for its Mac OS X to fix several security issues, most notably for the notorious DNS cache poisoning problem and a vulnerability within PostScript font names.
Spammers are using thousands of Google Groups to spread unwanted email and malware.
Mozilla, joining Microsoft's Internet Explorer and Google's nascent Chrome, plan to add a private browsing mode when it releases Firefox 3.1.
More Articles by Sue Marquette Poremba
SC Magazine Articles
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack
- Case study: Hawaiian Telcom says aloha to AlienVault security management
- OpenSSL patches 14 vulns, including high-severity flaw that can be exploited for DoS attacks
- Yahoo! data breach likely exceeds 500 million records
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach