No matter the industry, organizations are facing a flurry of sophisticated attacks, with the main goal being to hijack intellectual property, according to new findings from security firm FireEye.
Spammers have begun trying to capitalize on the Cyber Monday buying frenzy.
Cyber Monday, the digital equivalent of the brick-and-mortar world's Black Friday, is one of the busiest online shopping days of the year, and typically marks the beginning of a month-long period of increased online threats.
While the nation's economy remains in the tank, the information security market appears to be avoiding a major slowdown.
How to lie with statistics? First, consider your survey...
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- Phishing email contains Word doc, enabling macros leads to malware infection
- Critical 'Misfortune Cookie' bug puts millions of internet-connected routers at risk
- White House calls Sony hack a "serious national security matter," gov't mulls proper response