A misstep by an IT employee of Canadian communications conglomerate Rogers Communications allowed the contractual information of 50-70 of the company's business customers to be exposed via Twitter.
Canada deported self-proclaimed Anonymous member Matt DeHart.
Shared Services Canada plans to spend $55 million to upgrade IT infrastructure.
One of Canada's intelligence agencies has been secretly monitoring file downloads across the world for years.
Canada's companies are ill-prepared to meet modern cybersecurity challenges, according to a survey by the Ponemon Institute.
The new federal CISO should be a champion for the role of information security not just in the public sector, but across all walks of American life, from business to school to home.
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks