A misstep by an IT employee of Canadian communications conglomerate Rogers Communications allowed the contractual information of 50-70 of the company's business customers to be exposed via Twitter.
Canada deported self-proclaimed Anonymous member Matt DeHart.
Shared Services Canada plans to spend $55 million to upgrade IT infrastructure.
One of Canada's intelligence agencies has been secretly monitoring file downloads across the world for years.
Canada's companies are ill-prepared to meet modern cybersecurity challenges, according to a survey by the Ponemon Institute.
In the wake of the SYNful Knock attack on its routers, Cisco should re-engineer its devices to prevent future attacks, says Raimund Genes.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- U.S. authorities identify Chinese companies that benefited from military cybertheft
- Samsung Pay secure despite LoopPay breach, company says
- Verizon lets users opt-out of controversial code tracker, will share data with AOL
- Former Reuters journalist convicted of helping Anonymous hack the LA Times
- Cyberattacks costing big business big bucks