The Data Breach Blog
Roughly 3,300 patients have been notified that their personal information was included in a spreadsheet that was improperly emailed to an unauthorized recipient.
The Ohio-based health care provider is notifying nearly 1,000 patients that three computers in its Cardiac Cath Lab were infected with malware.
Penn State University is notifying roughly 18,500 individuals and research partners that their personal information may have been compromised.
Unauthorized access was gained to the electronic mailbox of a sales manager, and personal information may have been compromised.
A laptop containing information on approximately 15,000 current and former members of Oregon's Health CO-OP was stolen.
Unauthorized access was first gained to the web server in December 2014, and a separate unauthorized access occurred in February.
Patients are being notified that a Seton Healthcare Family employee's email address was compromised in a phishing attack.
The personal information was compromised by attackers who used a phishing email to gain access to a Saint Agnes employee's email account, which contained the data.
Indiana-based SRI Incorporated is notifying roughly 9,000 individuals that their personal information may be at risk.
HSBC is notifying an undisclosed number of current and former mortgage customers of that their information was inadvertently made publicly accessible on the internet.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes