The Data Breach Blog
The personal information was on four unencrypted backup data tapes related to the Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center.
A Massachusetts General Hospital employee inadvertently sent an email containing personal information on 648 patients to the wrong email address.
An individual who perpetrated fraud against Healthfirst may have stolen information about current and former members from Healthfirst's online portal.
The Division of Aging Services inadvertently emailed their personal data to a contracted provider that was not authorized to view the information.
Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo is notifying an undisclosed number of individuals that a laptop computer containing their personal information was stolen.
Information stored on one of Alfa's computer servers at a Tennessee location was inadvertently accessible to the internet.
Malware was installed on computers at the front desks of Evans Hotels properties that could have compromised payment card data.
The third-party vendor responsible for operating payment systems at the Detroit Zoo experienced a POS breach that affected eight other zoos.
The employee was fired for accessing an estimated 3,200 patient medical records outside of their normal job responsibilities.
A software error at Trustmark Mutual Holding Company resulted in emails containing personal information being sent to the wrong insurance carrier clients.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- United reportedly hacked by same group that breached Anthem, OPM
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- Security concerns raised at Windows 10 roll-out
- NYU conference encourages women to pursue cybersecurity
- Modular Potao malware used to spy on targets in Ukraine, Russia
- GM says OnStar app flaw fixed, researcher says still exploitable
- TV5Monde in chaos as data breach costs roll into the millions
- Four McLean Hospital backup data tapes go missing, thousands affected