The Data Breach Blog
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee violated HIPAA when it mistakenly included the personal information of not-for-profit TRH Health Plan members in a marketing campaign.
A former employee and contracted chiropractor accessed and removed their personal information from the clinic, and promptly resigned after.
French Lick Resort announced on Tuesday that malware had infected its payment card system, and guests may have had their personal information compromised.
California Pacific Medical Center is notifying 844 patients that a former pharmacist employee may have accessed their records without a business or treatment purpose.
St. Peter's Health Partners is notifying more than 5,000 patients that a manager's cell phone, which contained their personal information, was stolen.
Certain individuals who payment cards on a grill parts website are being notified that their information may have been compromised as a result of a series of cyber attacks.
Metropolitan State University wants faculty, staff and students to know that an attacker may have breached its web server to access a database that contained their personal information.
Malware was found on POS systems at four independently owned and operated Wingstop locations, and it could have enabled attackers to capture customer payment card information.
Several thousand customers are being notified that unauthorized persons accessed the ValuePetSupplies.com servers and installed malicious files to capture personal information.
The Georgia-based parking operator is notifying customers of a security compromise involving payment card data processed through its e-commerce website.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- 'GHOST' bug in Linux library enables remote takeover of victim's system
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Report: From Q3 to Q4, 90 percent increase in global DDoS attacks observed
- Researchers observe databases being encrypted, websites held for ransom
- ZeroAccess botnet reactivates, click fraud activity resumes
- BCBS of Tennessee shares personal data on 80K in marketing campaign
- Tips for organizations in the wake of the biggest corporate hack in history