The Data Breach Blog
Independent Security Researcher Troy Hunt spotted a database containing the information of nearly 324,000 Regpack accounts.
On Tuesday, officials announced an attacker using employee credentials may have accessed University of Alaska student information.
SCAN Health Plan is notifying users that remote attackers were able to gain access to the contact sheets system and accessed the personal information of past and current members and some non-plan members.
Sacramento County has notified citizens that their data may have been exposed for nearly a year.
- RELATED TOPICS
- Data Breach
A laptop taken home by an employee of the Whitehead Nursing Home was stolen.
Patient records were compromised at Bon Secours, a nonprofit health care provider.
Phoenix-based Banner Health is notifying patients of a cyberattack that compromised patient records.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media are notiying users that the Disney Playdom forums website was breached.
An attacker gained unauthorized access to a North Carolina State University account containing personally identifiable information.
The Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department reported that customer data may have been compromised on two separate occasions.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks
- Presidential debate 2016: Candidates pledge cyber investment, differ on Russia
- Yahoo faces congressional action and class action lawsuits following historic data breach
- Case study: Hawaiian Telcom says aloha to AlienVault security management
- Pippa Middleton's iCloud account hacked
- OpenSSL patches 14 vulns, including high-severity flaw that can be exploited for DoS attacks