The Data Breach Blog
More than 7,500 patient families are being notified that a hard drive containing personal information has gone missing.
Attackers forced their way into Totally Promotional's systems and gained access to some customer payment card data and other information.
The University of Rhode Island learned of a breach involving the inappropriate collection and possible use of information related to email and Facebook accounts.
A technical error resulted in letters containing personal information being mailed to the wrong address.
Web.com is notifying approximately 93,000 customers that their personal information may have been compromised in a breach.
Approximately 3,700 employees are being notified that a human resources staffer lost a company-issued laptop containing their personal information.
Personal information on more than 1,000 IDOC employees was included in a response to a civilian Freedom of Information Act request.
An unauthorized person gained access to two servers that payment card data is routed through after cards are swiped at Fred's Super Dollar stores.
A password protected, unencrypted laptop containing personal information was stolen from an employee's vehicle.
An IRS agent misplaced a portable flash drive containing the personal information while conducting a random audit under the direction of the IRS.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- John McAfee points to lone woman as Ashley Madison attacker while company offers reward
- Zero-Day, Angler kit exploits help drive up malvertising by 325%
- Judge grants father in custody case access to ex-wife's Facebook profile
- IBM: Corporations could be the next target for ransomware attacks
- Class action complaint filed against IRS over data breach