Two-Factor Authentication, Smart Cards, Tokens
VENDOR: PistolStar, Inc.
WHAT: PistolStar, Inc. maker of PortalGuard offers an on-premise turnkey user authentication solution-set for companies with external-facing web applications to their employees, contractors, suppliers, and vendors. This all-in-one integrated design includes two-factor methods, single sign-on, centralized self-service password reset/unlock, password synchronization, plus transparent barriers to confirm user identities by validating their context.
PRICE: $10k for unlimited users (2FA, SSO IdP, SSPR, Sync)
WHAT: VASCO IDENTIKEY Authentication Server and DIGIPASS GO in combination are a physical token-based authentication tool.
PRICE: tarts at around $7,500 for 100 users.
VENDOR: Swivel Secure
WHAT: The Swivel Appliance from Swivel Secure provides strong authentication in a variety of ways.
PRICE: As tested: $3,527
WHAT: SecurEnvoy’s SecurAccess is a product for authentication using multifactor and/or biometrics.
PRICE: $2,062.50 for 50-user starter pack.
WHAT: SecureAuth IdP is a good choice for an authentication solution because it supports a variety of multi-platform authentication devices and the server can be setup in the cloud or on-premises.
PRICE: tarts at $2,000 for the server, plus $15 per user.
VENDOR: SafeNet Inc.
WHAT: The SafeNet Authentication Service is overall a great product. We particularly found its functionality, set up and documentation to be strong. The principal deductions were for the wait time with support and its value for money rating.
PRICE: $1.30 per user per month.
VENDOR: RSA, the security division of EMC
WHAT: he strongest aspects of this product were its support, functionality and ease of use.
PRICE: Starts at about $46 per user per year including support.
WHAT: The IronKey F200 Biometric Flash Drive by Imation comes in several sizes for different uses.
PRICE: Drive: $129; software: $250 (including one-year maintenance); one-year maintenance: $45.
VENDOR: HID Global Corporation
WHAT: HID Global ActivID Appliance –FT 5000SCA offers a wide variety of strong authentication measures for several services and online applications.
VENDOR: Entrust Inc.
WHAT: Entrust IdentityGuard is a multifactor authentication tool that allows users to employ soft tokens, physical hardware tokens, fingerprint recognition, grid cards, eGrid, PIN protection and personal verification number.
PRICE: Starts at $8 per user.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- 'GHOST' bug in Linux library enables remote takeover of victim's system
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Report: From Q3 to Q4, 90 percent increase in global DDoS attacks observed
- Researchers observe databases being encrypted, websites held for ransom
- ZeroAccess botnet reactivates, click fraud activity resumes
- BCBS of Tennessee shares personal data on 80K in marketing campaign
- Tips for organizations in the wake of the biggest corporate hack in history