Two-Factor Authentication, Smart Cards, Tokens Reviews
WHAT: The YubiKey is an odd, little touch-sensitive second-authentication factor
PRICE: Starts at $40.
VENDOR: Swivel Secure
WHAT: The Swivel Appliance is a competitive solution for two-factor authentication methods for clients searching for a secure product.
PRICE: $3,047.04 for virtual appliance (prices go up for hardware appliances); Swivel Secure software (tokens) for 2,500 users @ $25.14 per user.
WHAT: SecureAuth IdP is an identity provider – with a unique approach to securing user access control.
PRICE: $19.50 per user/per year (price drops as users are added).
VENDOR: RSA, the security division of EMC
WHAT: The RSA Authentication Manager is a dual-factor authentication system designed from the ground up for enterprise deployment.
PRICE: $46 per user.
VENDOR: PistolStar, Inc.
WHAT: PortalGuard is a multifactor authentication, web-based single sign-on (SSO) through internet information services (IIS) and self-service password reset server and application rolled into one.
PRICE: $10,000 (initial purchase); $2,500 (yearly renewal).
WHAT: LoginTC from Cyphercor is a cloud-based solution that uses a mobile device or a desktop for authentication.
PRICE: $16.80 per user per year, or $15 per user per year over 1,000 users.
WHAT: The Imation IronKey F200 Flash Drive is a simple, easy to set up and extremely secure device for users who need to transport confidential data between computers.
PRICE: $189 per unit.
WHAT: SafeNet Authentication Service is a cloud-based authentication service that uses a wide range of tokens and custom agents to support multifactor authentication to include one-time passwords generated by a phone app, SMS, a hardware token or email.
PRICE: $1 per user/per month for 2,500 token configuration.
VENDOR: Entrust Inc.
WHAT: Entrust IdentityGuard is a dual-factor authentication server, app, smart card manager, biometrics server and general jack-of-all-trades when it comes to dual-factor authentication.
PRICE: $8 per user, $3.75 per user above 25,000.
WHAT: DIGIPASS 760 is a trusted hardware device for visual transaction-signing that creates a secure optical communication channel between the end-user (client) and the organization (server).
PRICE: DIGIPASS 760: $4,030.60; DIGIPASS for Mobile: $905.75, with $226.44 maintenance fee.
SC Magazine Articles
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Spearphishing attack nets $495K from investment firm
- Updated: Gmail, Yahoo email credentials among millions found on the dark web
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Organizations need formal vendor risk management programs, study
- 75% of European SMEs staff confident in their company mobile security
- Surrey teenager charged under Computer Misuse Act over Mumsnet hack
- Bad guys jump ship to CryptXXX after TeslaCrypt authors release decryption key
- Variant of Cerber ransomware features bot capabilities that could launch DDoS attacks
- GCHQ infosec group disclosed kernel privilege exploit to Apple