Two-Factor Authentication, Smart Cards, Tokens Reviews
WHAT: The YubiKey is an odd, little touch-sensitive second-authentication factor
PRICE: Starts at $40.
VENDOR: Swivel Secure
WHAT: The Swivel Appliance is a competitive solution for two-factor authentication methods for clients searching for a secure product.
PRICE: $3,047.04 for virtual appliance (prices go up for hardware appliances); Swivel Secure software (tokens) for 2,500 users @ $25.14 per user.
WHAT: SecureAuth IdP is an identity provider – with a unique approach to securing user access control.
PRICE: $19.50 per user/per year (price drops as users are added).
VENDOR: RSA, the security division of EMC
WHAT: The RSA Authentication Manager is a dual-factor authentication system designed from the ground up for enterprise deployment.
PRICE: $46 per user.
VENDOR: PistolStar, Inc.
WHAT: PortalGuard is a multifactor authentication, web-based single sign-on (SSO) through internet information services (IIS) and self-service password reset server and application rolled into one.
PRICE: $10,000 (initial purchase); $2,500 (yearly renewal).
WHAT: LoginTC from Cyphercor is a cloud-based solution that uses a mobile device or a desktop for authentication.
PRICE: $16.80 per user per year, or $15 per user per year over 1,000 users.
WHAT: The Imation IronKey F200 Flash Drive is a simple, easy to set up and extremely secure device for users who need to transport confidential data between computers.
PRICE: $189 per unit.
WHAT: SafeNet Authentication Service is a cloud-based authentication service that uses a wide range of tokens and custom agents to support multifactor authentication to include one-time passwords generated by a phone app, SMS, a hardware token or email.
PRICE: $1 per user/per month for 2,500 token configuration.
VENDOR: Entrust Inc.
WHAT: Entrust IdentityGuard is a dual-factor authentication server, app, smart card manager, biometrics server and general jack-of-all-trades when it comes to dual-factor authentication.
PRICE: $8 per user, $3.75 per user above 25,000.
WHAT: DIGIPASS 760 is a trusted hardware device for visual transaction-signing that creates a secure optical communication channel between the end-user (client) and the organization (server).
PRICE: DIGIPASS 760: $4,030.60; DIGIPASS for Mobile: $905.75, with $226.44 maintenance fee.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Yahoo! data breach likely exceeds 500 million records
- Boards taking more cyber seriously, driven by regulatory requirements, report finds
- Curtain closes on Ransomware Encryptor RaaS, but with master key
- BIND update fixes high-severity flaw affecting ICS, as CERT releases update to CSET tool
- ISACA programme aims to attract more women into technology professions