Employees at an international airport were targeted in a multifaceted attack that beat two-factor authentication, and included form-stealing and screen-grabbing functionality.
Governments need to fight terrorism in ways other than prohibiting the encryption of networks, a technology that is essential to locking down business' private communication.
Some of the evidence used to indict a 23-year-old Phoenix man, accused of hacking into the Sony Pictures website, was gleaned from a supposedly anonymous VPN service.
There remain more questions than answers after defense contractor Lockheed Martin over the weekend disclosed that its systems had been successfully breached.
The major defense contractor Lockheed Martin is experiencing a massive network disruption that may be related to an attack on RSA earlier this year.
A former network engineer at Gucci has been charged with hacking into the company's network, deleting data and shutting down servers and networks.
With colleges and universities back in session, campus IT departments can take a page out of the enterprise playbook to help them deal with the unique security challenges facing academia.
The criticism being levied at Google for its collection of Wi-Fi data is misguided.
Organizations need not overlook security at their satellite office locations, which may be lacking in on-site IT security expertise.
IT departments, when facing the possibility of a disaster, may want to take a page out of the U.S. military's playbook.
Many clientless SSL VPN systems operate in a way that bypasses fundamental web browser domain-based security mechanisms, according to a government warning this week.
First Medical Management, a health care services provider in California, found a simple way to protect patient records and hospital data, reports Greg Masters
A growing Silicon Valley virtualization company needed to free up bandwidth and support its employees' use of iPhones.
Technology such as two-factor authentication systems, when married to encrypted VPN connections, can secure an internet connection into a cloud computing-based service.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Cybersecurity bills move forward on Capitol Hill
- Study: Average organization has 4,000 instances of exposed credentials stored in the cloud
- HSBC mortgage customer info was publicly accessible on the internet
- Study: Open Source Software use increasing in enterprises but without vulnerability monitoring
- RSA 2015: Tension continues to grow between govt, cryptographers
- Study: Conficker declared top threat of 2014, but N. America targeted mainly by AnglerEK
- RSA 2015: Straight talk about encryption, bulk surveillance and IoT
- RSA 2015: In the healthcare industry, security must innovate with business
- RSA 2015: Unintended use of aircraft systems next challenge for counterterrorism community
- RSA 2015: Bug hunting and responsible vulnerability disclosure