Employees at an international airport were targeted in a multifaceted attack that beat two-factor authentication, and included form-stealing and screen-grabbing functionality.
Governments need to fight terrorism in ways other than prohibiting the encryption of networks, a technology that is essential to locking down business' private communication.
Some of the evidence used to indict a 23-year-old Phoenix man, accused of hacking into the Sony Pictures website, was gleaned from a supposedly anonymous VPN service.
There remain more questions than answers after defense contractor Lockheed Martin over the weekend disclosed that its systems had been successfully breached.
The major defense contractor Lockheed Martin is experiencing a massive network disruption that may be related to an attack on RSA earlier this year.
A former network engineer at Gucci has been charged with hacking into the company's network, deleting data and shutting down servers and networks.
With colleges and universities back in session, campus IT departments can take a page out of the enterprise playbook to help them deal with the unique security challenges facing academia.
The criticism being levied at Google for its collection of Wi-Fi data is misguided.
Organizations need not overlook security at their satellite office locations, which may be lacking in on-site IT security expertise.
IT departments, when facing the possibility of a disaster, may want to take a page out of the U.S. military's playbook.
Many clientless SSL VPN systems operate in a way that bypasses fundamental web browser domain-based security mechanisms, according to a government warning this week.
First Medical Management, a health care services provider in California, found a simple way to protect patient records and hospital data, reports Greg Masters
A growing Silicon Valley virtualization company needed to free up bandwidth and support its employees' use of iPhones.
Technology such as two-factor authentication systems, when married to encrypted VPN connections, can secure an internet connection into a cloud computing-based service.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- 'GHOST' bug in Linux library enables remote takeover of victim's system
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Report: From Q3 to Q4, 90 percent increase in global DDoS attacks observed
- Researchers observe databases being encrypted, websites held for ransom
- ZeroAccess botnet reactivates, click fraud activity resumes
- BCBS of Tennessee shares personal data on 80K in marketing campaign
- Tips for organizations in the wake of the biggest corporate hack in history