VPN Security News, Articles and Updates
Employees at an international airport were targeted in a multifaceted attack that beat two-factor authentication, and included form-stealing and screen-grabbing functionality.
Governments need to fight terrorism in ways other than prohibiting the encryption of networks, a technology that is essential to locking down business' private communication.
Some of the evidence used to indict a 23-year-old Phoenix man, accused of hacking into the Sony Pictures website, was gleaned from a supposedly anonymous VPN service.
There remain more questions than answers after defense contractor Lockheed Martin over the weekend disclosed that its systems had been successfully breached.
The major defense contractor Lockheed Martin is experiencing a massive network disruption that may be related to an attack on RSA earlier this year.
A former network engineer at Gucci has been charged with hacking into the company's network, deleting data and shutting down servers and networks.
With colleges and universities back in session, campus IT departments can take a page out of the enterprise playbook to help them deal with the unique security challenges facing academia.
The criticism being levied at Google for its collection of Wi-Fi data is misguided.
Organizations need not overlook security at their satellite office locations, which may be lacking in on-site IT security expertise.
IT departments, when facing the possibility of a disaster, may want to take a page out of the U.S. military's playbook.
Many clientless SSL VPN systems operate in a way that bypasses fundamental web browser domain-based security mechanisms, according to a government warning this week.
First Medical Management, a health care services provider in California, found a simple way to protect patient records and hospital data, reports Greg Masters
A growing Silicon Valley virtualization company needed to free up bandwidth and support its employees' use of iPhones.
Technology such as two-factor authentication systems, when married to encrypted VPN connections, can secure an internet connection into a cloud computing-based service.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought