Web/application/data securityProduct Subcategories:
- Application Security
- Data leakage prevention (DLP)
- Database security
- Digital Rights Management
- Email Managed Security Services
- Encryption/Data Security
- Security Training, Certification, User Awareness
- Web Content Management/Filtering/Behavior Blocking
- Web Services Security, E-Commerce Security
- Website/Web Server Security
WHAT: Provides classification for data, largely in a Microsoft environment.
PRICE: Starts at $89 per user.
VENDOR: Boldon James
WHAT: Allows users to apply relevant visual and metadata labels (protective markings) to messages.
PRICE: $15.20 per user for the combination of Email, Office and File Classifier at 5,000 users.
WHAT: This is a clean product with a well thought-out goal and a well-executed solution. It is part of the overall CA suite of access control products with which it integrates smoothly, and it offers dynamic classification and recognition.
PRICE: $20,000, plus 20 percent annual maintenance.
VENDOR: Identity Finder
WHAT: Sensitive Data Manager ties discovery to business issues making classification easier and more relevant.
PRICE: Starts at $25,000 for 100 seats.
WHAT: The FortiDB 1000D is a hardware appliance that monitors, audits and identifies vulnerabilities in databases.
PRICE: $19,995 (hardware appliance)
VENDOR: Barracuda Networks
WHAT: The Barracuda Web Application Firewall is a hardware-based device which is used to monitor, assess and remediate web-based application vulnerabilities.
PRICE: $9,999 (hardware appliance)
VENDOR: Hexis Cyber Solutions
WHAT: A well-designed network access control solution that can be deployed in minutes.
VENDOR: Forum Systems
WHAT: A comprehensive application security appliance that allows users to set up robust security over a variety of different protocols and data formats.
PRICE: Starting at $25,000, plus support.
WHAT: A policy-based network access control product that allows for inventory, classification and regulation of endpoints and network devices. It is available in several different configurations allowing flexibility and scalability.
PRICE: $9,752 (software appliance); $13,995 (CT100/A hardware appliance).
WHAT: A software-based identity management product.
PRICE: Starts at $45 per user.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context