Websense Security Suite - Lockdown Edition
April 14, 2006
$50 per seat for 1,000 seats
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Quick, intuitive and efficient install, configuration and reporting.
- Weaknesses: Very expensive. Also requires two computers, one for filtering and one for logging and reporting; due to the size and detail of logs and reports.
- Verdict: Excellent filtering features. Expensive, but worth the money.
This is a very popular product and you can see why from the moment you insert the CD, all the way through to having it completely up and ready for use. Websense is easy to use and configure. The set-up wizard has very clear steps and leaves no doubt to the installer that the program is installing correctly.
Incorporated into setup is the download and updating of the master database which drives the URL and content filters. The almost completely automated setup leaves the product mostly configured and ready to go once it is complete. The interface is very intuitive and it is quick to navigate, so users can find information and log files without having to search through many different menus.
This product features exceptional documentation with no holes left for confusion or personal interpretation.
After setup completes, documentation is accessible from inside any of the product’s interfaces as well as through links on the company’s website. Documentation is broken down into different types of categories, including an administrators guide, deployment guide, installation guide, and a quick start configuration guide.
There is ample support for this product. Websense provides a knowledge center online for users to search through to find their own answers, as well as telephone and web support 24/7. The knowledge center contains everything from guides and troubleshooting to actual online tutorial videos on setting up and configuring the product.
Websense comes loaded with all the features of a perfect web content filter and then some. With its easy-to-navigate interface, every aspect of a filter policy is available for editing. Filters include URL categories and protocol filters for SQL NET databases, file transfers, and instant messagers and messager file attachments. This product also includes network protocol filters and peer-to-peer filters for all of the major P2P networks.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!