Website/Web Server Security
WHAT: Provides the five essentials for database protection: discovery, assessment, monitoring, prevention and compliance.
PRICE: $7,169, includes one year of support.
VENDOR: Imperva Inc
WHAT: A well put together and configured machine that provides outstanding protection to both web and database servers.
PRICE: $41,000 for the SecureSphere Database Activity Monitoring hardware appliance, including management, and $18,500 for the SecureSphere Web Application Firewall hardware appliance, including management. The two can be ordered as a single bundle for $51,000. We tested the two products separately.
VENDOR: Imperva Inc
WHAT: The Imperva SecureSphere X1010 Web Application Firewall X1010 holds like a brick while under attack.
PRICE: $18,500 for the SecureSphere X1010 Web Application Firewall X1010 hardware appliance, including management, and $41,000 for the SecureSphere Database Activity Monitoring hardware appliance, including management. The two can be ordered as a single bundle for $51,000. We tested the two products separately.
VENDOR: Fortinet, Inc.
WHAT: A comprehensive database security management tool that provides vulnerability assessment, auditing and monitoring for database management systems.
VENDOR: F5 Networks
WHAT: The product offers denial-of-service protection at the application layer,
PRICE: As tested: $36,995, support including upgrades starts at 12 percent of list price.
VENDOR: Barracuda Networks
WHAT: A useful tool that provides protection for web applications.
PRICE: $9,999, plus $2,699 annual updates subscription.
WHAT: Isolates browser from passing malware to the host computer.
PRICE: Starts at $60/user
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CTB-Locker ransomware variant being distributed in spam campaign
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Proposed CFAA revisions agitate IT security community
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- 'GHOST' bug in Linux library enables remote takeover of victim's system
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- Winnti trojan may help set stage for Skeleton Key attacks, analysts say
- FTC settles with revenge porn site operator
- Upatre, Dyre used in Univ. of Florida attack
- Wisconsin chiropractic clinic notifies 3,000 patients of insider breach