Website/Web Server Security
WHAT: Provides the five essentials for database protection: discovery, assessment, monitoring, prevention and compliance.
PRICE: $7,169, includes one year of support.
VENDOR: Imperva Inc
WHAT: A well put together and configured machine that provides outstanding protection to both web and database servers.
PRICE: $41,000 for the SecureSphere Database Activity Monitoring hardware appliance, including management, and $18,500 for the SecureSphere Web Application Firewall hardware appliance, including management. The two can be ordered as a single bundle for $51,000. We tested the two products separately.
VENDOR: Imperva Inc
WHAT: The Imperva SecureSphere X1010 Web Application Firewall X1010 holds like a brick while under attack.
PRICE: $18,500 for the SecureSphere X1010 Web Application Firewall X1010 hardware appliance, including management, and $41,000 for the SecureSphere Database Activity Monitoring hardware appliance, including management. The two can be ordered as a single bundle for $51,000. We tested the two products separately.
VENDOR: Fortinet, Inc.
WHAT: A comprehensive database security management tool that provides vulnerability assessment, auditing and monitoring for database management systems.
VENDOR: F5 Networks
WHAT: The product offers denial-of-service protection at the application layer,
PRICE: As tested: $36,995, support including upgrades starts at 12 percent of list price.
VENDOR: Barracuda Networks
WHAT: A useful tool that provides protection for web applications.
PRICE: $9,999, plus $2,699 annual updates subscription.
WHAT: Isolates browser from passing malware to the host computer.
PRICE: Starts at $60/user
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Regin: nation-state possibly behind the stealthy modular spying malware
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards