Website/Web Server Security Reviews
WHAT: Provides the five essentials for database protection: discovery, assessment, monitoring, prevention and compliance.
PRICE: $7,169, includes one year of support.
VENDOR: Imperva Inc
WHAT: A well put together and configured machine that provides outstanding protection to both web and database servers.
PRICE: $41,000 for the SecureSphere Database Activity Monitoring hardware appliance, including management, and $18,500 for the SecureSphere Web Application Firewall hardware appliance, including management. The two can be ordered as a single bundle for $51,000. We tested the two products separately.
VENDOR: Imperva Inc
WHAT: The Imperva SecureSphere X1010 Web Application Firewall X1010 holds like a brick while under attack.
PRICE: $18,500 for the SecureSphere X1010 Web Application Firewall X1010 hardware appliance, including management, and $41,000 for the SecureSphere Database Activity Monitoring hardware appliance, including management. The two can be ordered as a single bundle for $51,000. We tested the two products separately.
VENDOR: Fortinet, Inc.
WHAT: A comprehensive database security management tool that provides vulnerability assessment, auditing and monitoring for database management systems.
VENDOR: F5 Networks
WHAT: The product offers denial-of-service protection at the application layer,
PRICE: As tested: $36,995, support including upgrades starts at 12 percent of list price.
VENDOR: Barracuda Networks
WHAT: A useful tool that provides protection for web applications.
PRICE: $9,999, plus $2,699 annual updates subscription.
WHAT: Isolates browser from passing malware to the host computer.
PRICE: Starts at $60/user
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- DetoxCrypto ransomware imitates Malwarebytes software
- House Committee urges Obama not to pardon Snowden
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Brexit shakeup: How will the U.K.'s exit from the EU affect the technology sector?
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace