Google has issued an official update to its Chrome browser to fill 20 security holes, one of which is deemed "critical" and eight of which are considered "high" in severity.
Paul Paget, president and CEO of Savant Protection, discusses how whitelisting is evolving as a viable alternative to traditional anti-virus defenses. In an interview with SC Magazine's Angela Moscaritolo, Paget also responds to the criticisms he often hears about whitelisting.
Application whitelisting offerings are appealing to more organizations due to a rise in malware, reports Angela Moscaritolo.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes