Google has issued an official update to its Chrome browser to fill 20 security holes, one of which is deemed "critical" and eight of which are considered "high" in severity.
Paul Paget, president and CEO of Savant Protection, discusses how whitelisting is evolving as a viable alternative to traditional anti-virus defenses. In an interview with SC Magazine's Angela Moscaritolo, Paget also responds to the criticisms he often hears about whitelisting.
Application whitelisting offerings are appealing to more organizations due to a rise in malware, reports Angela Moscaritolo.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- TaxAct breached: Customer banking and Social Security information compromised
- Hacker threatens to expose info on DHS, FBI employees
- Avast patches its web browser after Google finds flaw in Chromium-inspired product
- Draft bill seeks to improve U.S. military cyber warfare capabilities
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- Clean house to keep WordPress infection from coming back again and again