Google has issued an official update to its Chrome browser to fill 20 security holes, one of which is deemed "critical" and eight of which are considered "high" in severity.
Paul Paget, president and CEO of Savant Protection, discusses how whitelisting is evolving as a viable alternative to traditional anti-virus defenses. In an interview with SC Magazine's Angela Moscaritolo, Paget also responds to the criticisms he often hears about whitelisting.
Application whitelisting offerings are appealing to more organizations due to a rise in malware, reports Angela Moscaritolo.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Oracle PeopleSoft attack could enable big data breaches
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- Cyber attack on U.S. power grid could rack up $1 trillion in losses, study says
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- Report delves into RAT videos on YouTube
- Tor Project, Library Freedom Project to establish Tor exit nodes in libraries
- PagerDuty requires password change for all customers following breach
- Cisco: Attackers innovating, evading defenses in first half of 2015
- Does Windows 10 Wi-Fi Sense spell end of private wireless networks?