Whitelisting News, Articles and Updates
Google has issued an official update to its Chrome browser to fill 20 security holes, one of which is deemed "critical" and eight of which are considered "high" in severity.
Paul Paget, president and CEO of Savant Protection, discusses how whitelisting is evolving as a viable alternative to traditional anti-virus defenses. In an interview with SC Magazine's Angela Moscaritolo, Paget also responds to the criticisms he often hears about whitelisting.
Application whitelisting offerings are appealing to more organizations due to a rise in malware, reports Angela Moscaritolo.
SC Magazine Articles
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Voter databases in two states breached by foreign hackers, FBI
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet
- Ransomware: The evolution of cybercrime, a roundtable
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!
- SWIFT warns of new attacks, pushes for security upgrades
- Paypal users targeted in new angler phishing scam, Proofpoint report
- Dropbox commended for its handling of massive data breach involving 68M users
- Google refuses to patch alleged login page flaw
- RIPPER malware suspected behind $350K Thailand ATM heist, report