Wireless Access Points
The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) on Tuesday issued a warning to travelers to be on the lookout for malware on their hotel's wireless connection.
Twitter has joined a short-list of major web brands that have turned on the secure browsing capability, HTTPS, by default.
Securing wireless connectivity for roaming employees is not as simple as instituting corporate policy. It also requires the education of both administrators and end-users -- and some technology help.
A Maryland security firm has released an open-source tool that can be used to exploit a vulnerability that permits the brute force hacking of wireless routers, connected using the WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) standard, to retrieve passwords.
A computing standard than enables users to easily stand up an encrypted wireless network suffers from a design weakness that could enable attackers to gain router access, according to US-CERT.
The PCI Security Standards Council, charged with managing payment security guidelines, on Friday issued updated guidance around protecting wireless technology in cardholder environments. The update offers expanded advice on securing Bluetooth, and provides methods for testing and detecting rogue wireless access points, which are unauthorized Wi-Fi entryways typically set up by attackers to sniff network traffic. The council first released procedures to secure wireless in 2009.
A federal lawmaker is calling on a number of high-profile websites to adopt a more secure web protocol to prevent wireless hackers from hijacking their users' data.
Today's security appliances do a great job patrolling the network perimeter, but what do you do when the threat is coming from inside the building?
SC Magazine Articles
- Was Spotify breached? Account info shows up on Pastebin
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Researcher finds backdoor that accessed Facebook employee passwords
- Over 7M Minecraft mobile credentials exposed after Lifeboat data breach
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- The anatomy of a spearphishing scam, or how to steal $100M with a fake email
- FBI investigating attack against computer networks at U.S. law firms
- Pros examine Mossack Fonseca breach: WordPress plugin, Drupal likely suspects
- First Choice Credit Union files class-action suit against Wendy's over breach
- Top NFL prospect Tunsil free falls in draft after apparent hacker posts damaging video, texts
- Researchers spot Android Infostealer disguised as Chrome update
- Researchers spot mobile malware competition on the black market
- Judge ruled go ahead for claims of phone hacking against UK tabloid