Wireless Access Points
The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) on Tuesday issued a warning to travelers to be on the lookout for malware on their hotel's wireless connection.
Twitter has joined a short-list of major web brands that have turned on the secure browsing capability, HTTPS, by default.
Securing wireless connectivity for roaming employees is not as simple as instituting corporate policy. It also requires the education of both administrators and end-users -- and some technology help.
A Maryland security firm has released an open-source tool that can be used to exploit a vulnerability that permits the brute force hacking of wireless routers, connected using the WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) standard, to retrieve passwords.
A computing standard than enables users to easily stand up an encrypted wireless network suffers from a design weakness that could enable attackers to gain router access, according to US-CERT.
The PCI Security Standards Council, charged with managing payment security guidelines, on Friday issued updated guidance around protecting wireless technology in cardholder environments. The update offers expanded advice on securing Bluetooth, and provides methods for testing and detecting rogue wireless access points, which are unauthorized Wi-Fi entryways typically set up by attackers to sniff network traffic. The council first released procedures to secure wireless in 2009.
A federal lawmaker is calling on a number of high-profile websites to adopt a more secure web protocol to prevent wireless hackers from hijacking their users' data.
Today's security appliances do a great job patrolling the network perimeter, but what do you do when the threat is coming from inside the building?
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Samsung devices, including Galaxy S6, vulnerable to remote code execution
- Dridex banking malware spreading through new spam campaign
- More than 440K new Android malware strains found in Q1, study finds
- U.S., China agree to cybersecurity code of conduct
- Suspicious activity on LastPass network, data compromised
- FireKeepers confirms breach, says about 85,000 cards and other info are at risk
- Plex video sharing customers left at risk after hack attack
- Former Georgia-Pacific sysadmin charged with damaging protected computers
- Harvard University announces network intrusion, possible data exposure
- Saboteurs leverage RIPv1 for DDoS reflection attacks