Wireless Access Points News, Articles and Updates
The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) on Tuesday issued a warning to travelers to be on the lookout for malware on their hotel's wireless connection.
Twitter has joined a short-list of major web brands that have turned on the secure browsing capability, HTTPS, by default.
Securing wireless connectivity for roaming employees is not as simple as instituting corporate policy. It also requires the education of both administrators and end-users -- and some technology help.
A Maryland security firm has released an open-source tool that can be used to exploit a vulnerability that permits the brute force hacking of wireless routers, connected using the WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) standard, to retrieve passwords.
A computing standard than enables users to easily stand up an encrypted wireless network suffers from a design weakness that could enable attackers to gain router access, according to US-CERT.
The PCI Security Standards Council, charged with managing payment security guidelines, on Friday issued updated guidance around protecting wireless technology in cardholder environments. The update offers expanded advice on securing Bluetooth, and provides methods for testing and detecting rogue wireless access points, which are unauthorized Wi-Fi entryways typically set up by attackers to sniff network traffic. The council first released procedures to secure wireless in 2009.
A federal lawmaker is calling on a number of high-profile websites to adopt a more secure web protocol to prevent wireless hackers from hijacking their users' data.
Today's security appliances do a great job patrolling the network perimeter, but what do you do when the threat is coming from inside the building?
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!