This inaugural issue takes the step of highlighting women for their noteworthy contributions.
Glimpse the Gauge - from state pay gaps (across all industries), to job outlook stats and attitudes within the tech and security fields.
Debates about the dearth of women in IT security and a lack of diversity overall, are edging our space closer to a tipping point.
Many groups have striven to cultivate a more welcoming workplace, says Alison Gianotto.
We asked a number of security professionals what they thought about the conditions for women in the IT security workplace today.
Our inaugural issue featured quite a number of professionals giving their take on the industry's gender gap. Here's a list of the top quotes.
Thanks for checking out our inaugural Women in IT Security issue. Have a comment, letter to the editor, or something else to say? We'd love to hear it! Please send all correspondence to email@example.com.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Android.Lockerscreen using pseudorandom passcodes to ensure payouts
- FBI investigating hacked mobile phones of Democratic officials
- 70% of IDTMs want UK gov to do more so young people enter tech field
- 69% of office professionals in the UK hoard data
- 86% of over-55s worldwide think they're safe from cyber-criminals