READER TRUST AWARDS
Best Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Protection
An advanced persistent threat (APT) product and/or service provides real-time detection of and protection against intruders gaining access to an enterprise environment to stealthily extract high-value information assets from targeted organizations in manufacturing, financial, national defense and other industries.
- Check Point Software Technologies for Check Point Threat Prevention
- McAfee for McAfee Advanced Threat Defense
- Palo Alto Networks for WildFire
- Sourcefire for Sourcefire Advanced Malware Protection (AMP)
- Websense for Websense TRITON Enterprise
Best Mobile Security Solution
More and more employees are using smaller and smaller devices with loads of applications to access corporate data. Some examples include iPhones, iPads, Android devices, BlackBerries and more. Products in this category deal with not only a collapsing perimeter, but also consumer-owned and -controlled devices being used to get at corporate resources. At a minimum, these devices likely will require strong endpoint security, point-to-point encryption and more. This is a broad category. If your product is used to secure this type of small device/handheld, it may fit. Security can be for data at rest in the device itself, secure access to data in the enterprise, and encryption for data in motion between the enterprise and the device. It also includes anything from hard disk encryption solutions and tools that track lost mobile devices to USB/thumb drive security solutions.
- AirWatch for AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Managment
- Dell SonicWALL for Dell SonicWALL Mobility Solutions (SRA Series)
- F-Secure for F-Secure Mobile Security
- Mobile Active Defense for Mobile Enterprise Compliance and Security Server
- Sophos for Sophos Mobile Control 3.5 (SMC)
Best Vulnerability Management Solution
These products perform network/device vulnerability assessment and/or penetration testing. They may use active or passive testing, and are either hardware- or software-based solutions that report vulnerabilities using some standard format/reference.
- HP for HP Fortify on Demand
- Qualys for QualysGuard Vulnerability Management
- Rapid7 for Rapid7 Nexpose
- Tenable Network Security for Nessus
- Tripwire for Tripwire IP360
Best SME Security Solution
This includes tools and services from all product sectors specifically designed to meet the requirements of small to midsized businesses. The winning solution will have been a leading solution during the last two years, having helped to strengthen the IT security industry's continued evolution.
- Barracuda Networks for Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall
- Check Point Software Technologies for Check Point 600 Appliances
- Kaspersky Lab for Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business
- Qualys for QualysGuard Express
- Sophos for Sophos UTM