The 2009 SC Awards gala was an occasion to gather with security colleagues and to toast 31 winners.
SC Magazine paid tribute to leading security vendors and professionals at its 12th annual SC Awards U.S. gala on April 21.
“The most important constant has been the perseverance offered by so many in the information security community,” says Dan Lohrmann, CISO of the state of Michigan and one of the co-chairs of the judging panel for the event. “Through dedication to excellence, integrity, customer service and ‘outside the box' thinking, these corporations, teams and individuals offer a better way.”
Visit our website to view the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence Award winners. You can also view photos and video clips from the SC Awards 2009 gala.
For information on next year's SC Awards U.S., please contact Natasha Mulla at 646-638-6108 or email@example.com.
1. The team from the SANS Institute (with host Ralph Harris) accepts the award for Best Professional Training Program
2. Some of the SC Magazine crew (from left): Angela Moscaritolo, Natasha Mulla, Illena Armstrong, Greg Masters
3. Stacey Halota, Washington Post Co., receives the CSO of the Year award from presenter Philippe Courtot, Qualys, and host Ralph Harris
4. Matt Wenzel, Chris Moir, Tim Waggoner, Robyn Eley, Tim Masheck of the National Government Services Security Team receive their award for Best Security Team
5. Natalia Gaibor, consulting firm GlassHouse; David Hazekamp, GlassHouse; Michael Baum, Splunk; Robbie Higgins, GlassHouse. Splunk was a finalist for Best Integrated Security Solution.
6. Jody Westby, Global Cyber Risk, presents the award for Best Security Incident Management Solution to Andy Grolnick, LogRhythm, with host Ralph Harris
7. Dennis Brixius, McGraw-Hill Co., chats with Christopher Burgess, Cisco Systems