Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
Best Identity Management Application
Products in this category address the identity management lifecycle in an enterprise environment, including password management, user provisioning and enterprise-access management.
- CA Technologies for CA Identity Manager
- Cyber-Ark Software, Inc. for Privileged Identity Management Suite/Privileged Session Management
- IBM for IBM Tivoli Identity and Access Assurance
- NetIQ for Novell Identity Manager by NetIQ
- Quest Software, Inc. for Quest One Identity Solutions
Best Intrusion Detection/Prevention Product
Products in this category monitor networks for malicious behavior and block or prevent those activities. Typically, they are for enterprise deployments, moving well beyond the desktop.
Please note: The product is not an email gateway that additionally provides IDS services. Secondary services are permitted, but product may not be classed as a UTM, anti-malware/anti-spam gateway, or other tool not considered to have classic IDS/IPS functionality.
- Check Point Software Technologies for Check Point IPS Software Blade
- Cisco Systems for Cisco Intrusion Prevention System
- Hewlett-Packard Company for HP TippingPoint S6100N Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- McAfee, Inc. for McAfee Network Security Platform
- Sourcefire for Sourcefire IPS