Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
Best IPsec/SSL VPN
For this category, we are focusing on IPsec and SSL VPN products. IPsec products usually provide encrypted point-to-point (as opposed to end-to-end) remote access using IPsec. SSL VPN products provide encrypted remote access to client machines using the SSL/TLS protocol. Client machines may use either a web browser or a standalone SSL VPN client. The SSL VPN must provide access to a client network – not only a web application interface. Product must support multiple, simultaneous SSL VPN connections. Many of these products are integrated VPN/portal products.
- Certes Networks for TrustNet - TrustNet is version 3.0 of CipherEngine (tested by SC Magazine in 2010)
- Cisco Systems for Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility
- F5 Networks for BIG-IP Edge Gateway
- NCP Engineering GmbH for NCP Secure Enterprise Solution
- SonicWALL, Inc for SonicWALL/Aventail E-Class Secure Remote Access EX7000
Best Managed Security Service
These security offerings provide a turnkey approach to an organization's primary technical security needs. These offerings can be either a co-located device at the client organization facility, or can be a completely outsourced solution where the application to be protected would reside at the vendor's data center.
- Dell SecureWorks, Inc. for Best Managed Security Service
- IBM Corporation for IBM Managed Security Services
- MANDIANT for MANDIANT Threat Management Services
- SunGard Availability Services for SunGard Managed Security Service
- Symantec Corporation for Symantec Managed Security Services